"SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE " for Selected Candidate
The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand. Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters. And for years, HORIBA Scientific's OEM division has been the preferred, reliable and consistent supplier of OEM spectroscopy components throughout the world ... offering a complete range of OEM imaging miniature spectrographs and spectrometers along with CCD, Photodiode array (CMOS) and InGaAs detectors that operate from the UV through to the NIR. Our high reliability products and know-how are leveraged in a wide range of high-tech industries such as: Medical, Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical and Biotech to name a few.
Presently, our HORIBA Scientific OEM Division is searching for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer for our North American operation located in Piscataway, New Jersey. The ideal candidate will possess a strong electronics design background and provide individual technical contributions to an engineering team focusing on the design and development of Light Detecting Systems involving CCDs, PDAs, InGaAs and CMOS sensors for spectroscopy and imaging applications. If you are a self-motivated individual with passion for your work that has garnered success in leading and contributing to team oriented product development efforts, please keep reading and visit our corporate website www.horiba.com to learn more.
- Advanced degree preferred in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of a BSEE degree with 6 to 10 years of directly related experience.
- Project contributor to the development and test of Light Detecting Systems involving CCDs, PDAs, InGaAs and CMOS sensors.
- Involvement in all phases of the product development including definition, design, qualification and production support.
- Design of mixed signal circuits incorporating Op-Amps, Voltage References, DACs, ADCs and discrete semiconductors.
- Design of product power distribution and conversion needs using low noise switching power converters and LDOs.
- Participation in the PCB board layout/routing definition stages for new board / product designs.
Preferred Attributes (one or more viewed as a plus):
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains.
- Strong understanding of low noise / wide bandwidth analog and mixed signal circuits involving Op-Amps, Voltage References, LDOs, DACs, ADCs and discrete semiconductors.
- Experience with system level power distribution design and power management techniques.
- Exposure to data acquisition systems incorporating high-speed interfaces such as USB 2/3 and/or Gig-E.
- Ability to guide PCB board designs with clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement and low noise analog / high speed routing).
- Demonstrated experience in circuit modeling and simulation techniques (when required).
- Familiarity with test equipment: Oscilloscopes, DVMs, Power Supplies, Function Generators and Logic / Spectrum Analyzers.
- Sound test & troubleshooting skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience associated with designing CCD/CMOS cameras, instrumentation products, analytical instruments and/or related embedded control systems.
- Project leadership
- Experience with Mentor Graphics for schematic capture and PCB layout/routing.
- Exposure to thermal electric / peltier cooling circuitry / applications.
- Expertise in AC-DC & DC-DC converter topologies and associated design techniques for low-noise data acquisition platforms.
• Experience with industry-standard protocols (USB2/3, Gig-E, LVDS, SPI, and I2C)
This job has expired.