This job has expired.
Senior Estimator - Award-Winning, Multi-Sector GC If you are a Senior Estimator seeking a chance to grow your career with an award-winning, multi-sector General Contractor - please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us Since 2005, we've built a reputation as a premier builder of complex and challenging projects of all sizes and levels of detail. We have a fantastic relationship with our clients, subcontractors, and community alike due to the talented people we employ and the way we treat our employees. We've been awarded back-to-back Best Place to Work Awards as well as the SHARP award for safety and have recently looked to expand our team based on the steady year-over-year growth, new projects in negotiations, and overall success of our business. We're currently doing about $250 MIL/year in volume with 99% of our work being located within just 1 hour of our office in Rancho Cordova. We're looking for talented individuals ready to take their career to the next step and assume a leadership role with our local team.
What You Will Be Doing - Review design documents and complete an accurate quantity take-off for assigned scopes of work
- Actively review scope and quantity information with subcontractors in advance of bid day and draft a Comparison of Bid (COB) sheet and insure a complete scope of work
- Identify and solicit the right subcontractors for various preconstruction pursuits and insure adequate subcontractor coverage in each scope of work
- Communicate persistently with subcontractors regarding involvement / interest in preconstruction pursuits and diligently follow up to review project scope and pricing prior to bid day
- Responsible for setting up the estimate bid binder & digital file, bidders contact list, and invitations for preconstruction projects
- Review design iterations, addendum, updates, etc. and identify changes in scope that may result in cost changes. Update COB to reflect the changes and adequately communicate said changes to bidders to insure inclusion in bidders pricing. Make sure bidders received updated design documents.
- Manage all project files, including but not limited to plans, permits, supplemental information
- Memorialize and distribute all meeting minutes within 24hrs
- Develop professional letters and memos as requested
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with development partners, architects, consultants, engineers, subcontractors, other project specialists and team members to achieve mutual goals;
- Organize project-related tasks with key contributors to ensure adherence to project goal
What You Need for this Position - Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field of study
- 5+ years' experience of experience in Estimating, Preconstruction, or equivalent at the GC-level
- 3+ years of direct estimating and quantity take off experience (preferably on ground up slab on grade, podium, and other Type-I projects projects up to $50 MIL)
- Experienced in blueprint reading, estimating and developing budgets
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project (additional experience with Prolog or similar Project Management software is a plus)
- Must be familiar with both conceptual, detailed, and self-perform estimating
What's In It for You - Competitive Base Salary (DOE)
- Annual and Performance-based Bonus
- 4 Weeks PTO
- Car Allowance & Gas Card
- College Saving/Student Debt Contribution of $100/month
- 100% Company-Paid Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage (50% for dependents!)
- 401k (w/ match up to 5%)
So, if you are a senior-level Estimator with a well-rounded background in commercial construction (public and private sector ranging from tenant improvement projects to large-scale ground up developments), please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 13 minutes ago
New York, New York
Posted 10 minutes ago
Menlo Park, California
Posted 10 minutes ago