This job has expired.
Senior Estimator/Precon Manager - High-End TI Projects If you are a Senior Estimator and/or Preconstruction Manager with leadership experience in capital improvement, industrial, and/or commercial tenant improvement projects locally, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us For nearly 40 years, we've worked in virtually every type of investor, developer, or institutionally owned building in the market. As one of the most experienced construction companies in the Bay Area, we are still driven to bring creative solutions and experience to each and every project- no matter the size or level of complexity. As a family-owned company that prioritizes growth and development of its team members through a progressive culture and best-in-class technology and tools, we have multiple offices across the region to cater to both our long-term/repeat clients and newest partnerships. We love what we do- and it shows in both the quality of our work and in the enduring relationships that have fueled our company growth.
What You Will Be Doing - Handling the project from first estimate all the way through subcontracts being formalized.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, to ask the right questions and work to provide a complete project cost evaluation.
- Must be a collaborative and passionate advocate for our customers, empowering and informing them throughout the project.
- Must be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimates and, as the design evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout.
- Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package that clearly communicates project cost.
- Must be able to collaborate with project team to establish the necessary
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with the bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Make subcontractor award recommendations to customer/owner and the negotiation and finalization of subcontracts with trade partners.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in request for proposal responses (RFPs) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Ability to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
- Ability to lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
- Ability to lead and facilitate value engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Is a key participant with leadership experience involved in request for proposal responses (RFPs) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Must be familiar with reviewing construction contracts and can identify key insurance and damages clauses.
- Can lead, manage and motivate project teams during the preconstruction phase of a project.
What You Need for this Position - Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field of study
- 5+ Years of General Contractor experience with related project experience in commercial construction (preferably focused in capital projects, life science, and healthcare construction locally)
- A Minimum of 3 years of estimating and preconstruction experience within Commercial Construction
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
- Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software (WinEst, Timberline or similar), take-off software (On-Screen Takeoff or similar), BIM tools (Revit, Assemble, etc.), project management software (CMiC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
What's In It for You - Competitive Base Salary (Depending on Experience)
- Performance-based Annual Bonus
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits (Kaiser) for Employees and Dependents
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
So, if you are a senior-level Estimator or Preconstruction Manager looking to grow your career with an established Commercial General Contractor with a local focus in tenant improvement projects, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!