Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Senior Extrusion Engineer is responsible for providing the Jaffrey, NH site with technical support and operating knowledge for our medical extrusion operation, specifically for Melt and PTFE extrusions. This person will take the lead role in extrusion engineering functions which includes validating and troubleshooting processes, identifying and implementing process improvements, managing projects, and expanding extrusion capabilities. The engineer will work with cross-functional value-stream teams to solve issues and evaluate potential new business. The engineer will also be required to work with internal and external machine shops to design and specify tooling/fixturing. This is a hands-on role which requires on-site support and managing other employees.
• Troubleshoot, implement, improve, and validate extrusion processes (melt extrusion, paste/PTFE extrusion, and expansion/heat shrink tubing)
• Responsible for prioritizing projects/tasks and for strategic planning of the extrusion area(s)
• Troubleshoot technical problems related to the production of plastic parts
• Contribute to cross-functional teams that enhance improvement initiatives, capital planning, project implementation, process improvement, and product development
• Initiate, direct, and support projects to implement innovative equipment processes, and methods that enhance efficiency, improve safety, and increase profitability
• Generate and conduct validations independently and assist technicians and engineers in executing validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ/TMV)
• Design tooling to support new products or process improvements
• Lead and support a team of Engineers and Technicians
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering required; BS in Plastics Engineering preferred; Masters in Plastics Engineering a plus
• 5+ years of experience in an extrusion manufacturing environment, preferably in a medical device setting
• Managerial experience preferred
• Experience in PTFE extrusions for medical applications highly desirable
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Experience in process validations, statistics and SPC using Minitab software
• Extensive knowledge of plastic chemistry and properties
• Knowledge in plastic processing, tooling, and materials
• Experience in FEP extrusion and FEP Heat Shrink preferred
• Experience in transferring product from pilot to production
• Experience with lean six-sigma manufacturing, preferably green or black-belt certified
• Proficient in Solidworks or comparable CAD software
• Proficient in designing, acquiring, and implementing new equipment and processes
• Good working knowledge of manufacturing methods, including RF plastic forming, injection molding, and assembly methods
• Experienced in process controls
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiar with design controls, FDA regulation, and GMP practices
• Relies heavily on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Good working knowledge of GD&T
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Posted about 4 hours ago
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago