This role is responsible for day-to-day general accounting and reporting activities, including the preparation, analysis and review of general ledger activity, financial statements and associated monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements. It requires knowledge of IFRS, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and ability to understand and utilize financial systems. Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparing, reviewing and analyzing monthly journal entries
- Completing monthly/quarterly/annual close tasks in accordance with close deadlines
- Preparing and reviewing monthly reporting packages, ensuring conformity with IFRS and company accounting policies
- Supporting inventory/COGS month-end close activities and reporting requirements
- Managing monthly alliance accounting activities
- Preparing monthly financial statement packages for distribution to management
- Reviewing and analyzing trial balances, including commentary preparation
- Preparing annual financial statements, including drafting of footnotes
- Reconciling and verifying balance sheet accounts
- Reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Managing new accounting pronouncement implementations
- Liaising with FP&A, Supply Chain and other functions to understand new transactions and provide support on accounting and close considerations
- Supporting all internal and external audit requirements
The professional development benefits of this role include the opportunity to influence colleagues, business partners and key stakeholders on accounting and reporting best practices and the opportunity to effect positive change and drive value through process simplification and improvement.In this role you will:
- Ensure timely completion of close activities, with robust review and analysis
- Enhance reporting through process improvements and business partnering;
- Support both internal and external auditors;
- Work closely with internal controls to ensure J-SOX compliance;
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in a public and/or private setting;
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with a large ERP, preferably SAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to clearly and accurately identify, define and troubleshoot problems;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines;
- Ability to innovate and challenge the status quo;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent business partnering and collaboration skills.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.