Job Title: Senior/Principal Manager, Cybersecurity & Digital Policy Practice
Department: USG, Development Innovations
Reports to: Senior Director, Center for Digital Acceleration (CDA)
Function of the Position:
The Senior Manager is based in the Center for Digital Acceleration and supports USG to provide strategic vision and leadership in delivering DAI's USAID projects, expanding the DAI portfolio of USAID projects, and advancing DAI's market position in the areas of cybersecurity and digital policy. The Senior Manager will manage Cybersecurity & Digital Policy Practice staff, ensuring technical excellence, exceeding targets for new business and direct utilization, mentoring staff, and adhering to DAI principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. As a key member of CDA, the Senior/Principal Manager will coordinate and collaborate across DAI sectors and practices globally. In supporting project delivery, the Senior Manager will provide technical assistance to donor clients; national, regional, and local government agencies; non-governmental organizations; and the private sector. The Senior/Principal Manager will lead new business efforts for digital-related projects by leveraging global capabilities across DAI business units, including ongoing project work for USAID, UK, EU and other international donors. The Senior Manager will expand DAI's global partner network and raise DAI's profile in cybersecurity, digital policy, and related digital development topics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager will undertake responsibilities in four main areas of project delivery, new business development, staff management, and market positioning and knowledge sharing. The Senior Manager will build a network of staff from across the company's business units to leverage project experience and build a broad base of expertise that can be used for technical assignments, proposals and marketing.
Business Development and Growth - 35%
- Create a robust pipeline of cybersecurity, digital policy, and related digital development opportunities, focusing on USAID and other US government agencies.
- Lead the development of competitive proposals that leverage DAI's global capabilities. Serve as a lead or contributing writer to formulate technical approaches in response to RFP requirements.
- Collaborate across DAI sectors and practices both in the U.S. and globally to leverage synergies and capabilities and strengthen DAI's technical offering.
- Identify and develop a network of cybersecurity and digital policy consultants, including local consultants, that can support proposal development efforts.
- Strengthen and expand strategic client relationships with USAID and other development agencies and organizations to enable better access to information on planned projects and procurements.
Program Implementation - 25%
- Work with DAI's project US Government Business Unit Delivery teams to ensure the cybersecurity and digital policy project portfolio are delivering high quality, on-time deliverables, meeting or exceeding their contractual targets and development objectives.
- Lead or support delivery of DAI projects by providing specialized technical assistance in cybersecurity, digital policy, and related digital development topics.
- Ensure that client ratings for technical and managerial performance of projects within the cybersecurity and digital policy purview are exceptional.
- Engage with project teams to identify, adapt, and refine technologies, tools, solutions, and approaches that advance projects' goals. These solutions may be both technical or operational.
- Participate in cross-sector initiatives that builds DAI's technical leadership.
Staff Management - 20%
- Manage a team of full- and part-time specialists responsible for new business growth, supporting projects, and expanding DAI's market position with clients and counterparts.
- Lead talent and performance management within the Cybersecurity & Digital Policy practice.
- Recruit and onboard employees with skills necessary to achieve Cybersecurity & Digital Policy practice growth and project support.
Market Positioning and Knowledge Sharing - 15%
- Raise DAI's profile and reputation as a leader in cybersecurity, digital policy, and related digital development topics.
- Establish linkages with international cybersecurity and digital policy initiatives, industry networks, and knowledge sharing platforms and participate in events either in-person or virtually that provide strategic opportunities to showcase DAI's experience and raise DAI's profile internationally.
- Develop practice knowledge products, technical articles, blogs, thought pieces, etc. that highlight DAI experience for dissemination via online and other channels.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary. Qualifications:
- P6: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a college degree. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- P7: Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience and a college degree. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Demonstrated familiarity with a wide range of USAID digital-focused policies, strategies and projects, including a specific focus on cybersecurity, digital policy, or related digital development topics.
- Demonstrated experience developing, contributing to, or positioning for winning technical proposals for USAID or other international donor clients, including client engagement, designing technical solutions, building consortiums, writing technical sections and/or leading proposal development.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal, team facilitation, and presentation skills, and a demonstrated track record of motivating and managing teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical information clearly, and tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization and external clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Able and willing to travel to any country where DAI currently operates or may wish to operate, barring times when DAI Global Security has deemed travel unsafe.
- Possess technical knowledge and skills as evidenced by project results, publications, reports, proposals, and/or public presentations
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead teams for winning new business and delivering excellent results to clients.
- Demonstrated, related new business success with DAI's primary client base- USAID and FCDO.
- Proficiency in a second language (French, Spanish, Russian, or Arabic preferred).
Supervisory Requirements: Yes. Compensation & Benefits: For regular positions (includes US based LTTA)
For employees working the United States, the full-time equivalent annual base salary for P6 position is expected to be between $101,120 and $128,997.
For employees working the United States, the full-time equivalent annual base salary for P7 position $116,288 and $143,003
Salary for part-time employees will be prorated based on actual hours worked. Actual offers will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, relevant education, experience, skills, seniority, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Eligible U.S. based employees, will be able to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, plus a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match. Additionally, employees will be eligible for company-paid annual leave (vacation & holidays), sick leave, parental leave; as well as short- and long-term disability coverage. Detailed information will be provided at the time a formal offer is extended.
For employees working outside of the United States, compensation and benefits will vary based on location. Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting discrimination in all forms, nurturing respect for our interpersonal relationships, and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI requires COVID-19 vaccinations subject to accommodation required by law.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
This job has expired.