Senior Manager, Medical Information
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
Healthcare providers (HCPs) depend on the most reliable data to inform their best patient care. Patients depend on helpful information they can trust and understand to keep themselves healthy. The Senior Manager has direct impact on customer service by providing clear and accurate scientific information about Astellas products and the diseases we treat through engagement with internal colleagues, healthcare providers, patients and caregivers. Medical Information functional area strategic development and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders effectively regarding product/TA issues are central to this role.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop Medical Information strategy for assigned project(s) or operations through consolidation of input from appropriate stakeholders with identification of key clinical issues, gaps, and/or process improvements
- Manage, develop, review, and maintain Medical Information projects or operations as assigned. This may include collaborating with product partners and other internal and external stakeholders to:
- Document in Global Medical Information Database (GMID) and respond to unsolicited requests from HCPs and patients with appropriate data
- Provide drug compendia surveillance
- Contribute as US representative on Global Medical Content Teams
- Interpret Medical Information data to generate insights and gap analyses and influence effective change
- Conduct product and process training for contact center vendor staff and other stakeholders as requested
- Monitor Medical Information key performance indicators and foster process improvements toward excellence
- Review medical content of promotional and non-promotional materials and/or standard/custom response documents for medical accuracy and veracity, as assigned
- Collaborate with groups outside Astellas US MA (Medical Information global, Patient Experience, Legal, Commercial, Compliance, etc.) as appropriate
- Responsible for active participation on appropriate teams and committees as assigned
- Verify Medical Information Request Forms (MIRFs) from the field sales force are unsolicited per applicable country requirements
- Report potential adverse events and potential product complaints per Astellas policy and established processes
- Remotely respond to after-hours emergency/on-call requests
- Manage personnel and/or multiple departmental projects or operations
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders as appropriate for project
- Extend scope of influence beyond Medical Affairs
- Handle multiple projects with a high level of efficiency
- Fulfill unsolicited medical information inquiries, completion of QA review tasks as assigned and potential adverse event reporting per Astellas policy and established processes
This job has expired.
- The position reports to Medical Information Director
- Works in a matrix environment; collaboration with leadership and product teams with respect to training and education. Collaboration with stakeholders at varying levels including, but not limited to Medical Affairs, Commercial, Legal, Regulatory and Clinical Development
- May manage personnel commensurate with level