Local Unit & Position Description
Product Line Renewables & Ocean Structures builds and distributes engineering software. Our mission is to "empower the world's professionals to accelerate the energy transition, and sustainable use of the ocean", and we aim "to be the most trusted engineering and digitalization partner, bringing value through our customer experience focus". Our portfolio of software products includes a combination of successful industry favorites like Sesam, Bladed, and Nauticus Machinery, and new products aiming for hypergrowth WindFarmer and SolarFarmer.Our Product Line is part of the DNV - Digital Solutions business area, built up of functional teams across a collaborative organization structure. The Renewables & Ocean Structures product line includes a product center where software is developed, a product management team, sales regions and a marketing and communications team.
This Senior Business Development role will report to the Head of Business Development, Americas Region as part of the commercial management team.The Senior Manager -Strategic Business Development will have responsibility for leading DNV's client facing strategy within the North America market to roll out a multi-year roadmap for the expansion of our market footprint within country.
This role's sole focus is hunting new business and partnerships.
The key focus of this role is to develop DNV Digital Solutions penetration and market position within the North American market, the primary focus of which will be offshore wind. The Senior Business Development Manager will lead by example and build strong relationships, both internally with the wider regional commercial team, along with global functions, including the Product Line & Product Center, MarCom, Legal and Finance as well as interaction with clients at a senior, decision-maker level. What You'll Do
Position QualificationsWhat is required
- Lead the on the ground, customer facing activities within North America, become that go to person for our clients
- Attend client meetings, conferences and lobby stakeholders as required to get the job done
- The main contributor to the development of the strategic business development plan identifying key clients, stakeholders and markets and execute
- Increase the exposure and market knowledge of DNV Digital Solutions products from the Renewable and Ocean product portfolio to the North American market, especially in the offshore wind sector
- Structures product portfolio to the North American market, especially in the offshore wind sector
- Implement cross DNV BA sales strategies to provide a compelling value proposition to our client
- Own the end-to-end sales process and the associated sales target
- Identify unmanaged strategic Key Accounts and actively manage these accounts during the early stages of their engagement with DNV Digital Solutions to build a solid relationship across the clients organization, at decision maker, influencer and user levels
- Develop long standing, resilient client relationships which lead to a win-win scenario for both them and DNV
- Mentor members of the BD team with lesser experience.
- Be an integral part of the wider North Americas Region commercial team - this is not a role for a lone wolf
What is preferred
- 8+ years of industry experience in Business Development with demonstrable track record in expanding the product market penetration achieving / surpassing realistic sales targets.
- Be the tenacious hunter
- Extrovert, happy to present to both small client groups but also to large audiences
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships, both externally and internally
- Have worked in a multi-cultural commercial environment
- Courage to make qualified independent decisions and move forward
- Solution oriented and highly proactive
- Collaborative, both within immediate team and the wider business
- Excellent communication skills and ability to inspire people, building strong relationships
- Willingness to travel to where the customer is - primarily east and west coast US
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Pre-employment drug and background screening
- Experience in Renewables and/or offshore energy industries within the North American market
- A professional network within the offshore and / or wind sector; this may be from a substructure design / developer / OEM / software domain
- Commercial experience within the technical software sector
- MBA Degree
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee electionHow We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.