Senior Opto-Mechanical Engineer If you are a Senior Opto-Mechanical Engineer with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing (THIS POSITION REPORTS TO REDMOND WA AREA AND WILL REQUIRE WORK ONSITE! RELOCATION PACKAGES AVAILABLE)
- Design, build, and test custom metrology equipment and low volume manufacturing, alignment, and optical assembly equipment
- Design optical, lamination, and assembly fixturing and tooling
- Design and ownership of electro-mechanical and electro-optical mechanisms including assembly and system testing and tuning
- Explore and develop novel processing methods
- Develop and present concept design reviews and status updates to research teams
- Work with Electrical Engineers in physical electrical systems layout definition including defining compact PCBAs, flexible circuits, wire routing and connectorization
- Polymer materials and flexible membrane mechanical testing & test tooling
- Miniature actuator selection and precision mechanism design
- Development of basic manufacturing process from scratch & finding and building relationships with specialists vendors
- Designing, building, and testing head-mounted prototype products for internal use
- Integration of optical components, sensors, and actuators into prototype products
What You Need for this Position - Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical or Opto-Mechanical Engineering
- GD&T experience and proficiency with tolerance analysis
- 5+ years experience with system integration of mechanical assemblies and designing fixtures for optical
- 10+ years experience in mechanical or opto-ME engineer role, with system or product ownership
- Experience with optical component packaging and basic metrology
- Experience with CAD design skills
- FEA modeling static structural, thermal and dynamic analysis of mechanical component performance
- Experience designing, building, and testing prototypes
- Experience in electromechanical systems and components
- Experience with precision mechanism design
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience with consumer product mechanical design
- Experience in optical ray tracing and modeling
- Experience in DFM and establishing manufacturing processes
- Experience with low volume (prototype) plastic parts printing, casting, dip molding, bonding, ultrasonic welding, vacuum forming
- Experience designing for human interaction, ergonomics, anthropometrics
- Experience with control systems, LabVIEW or MATLAB
- Experience with mechatronics design
- Understanding of optics fundamentals
- Experience with SolidWorks
What's In It for You - Vacation/PTO
So, if you are a Senior Opto-Mechanical Engineer with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!