Senior PHP Developer -REMOTE Our powerful tools enable fraternities and sororities to more effectively bill and collect dues and rent, manage rosters and records, pay bills and employees, file tax returns, build websites, and process payments.
The Senior Software Developer manages web applications including design, development, deployment, and maintenance phases to support internal and external business processes and service offerings.
What You Will Be Doing Development - 80% of the time
- Work with the product team to develop requirements and analyze technical specifications for existing applications and new software developments.
- Participate in architecture and design decisions related to new and existing products.
- Maintain and modify code for existing business applications to meet new system requirements, debug existing applications, and enhance system usability.
- Establish good data stewardship practices to ensure that data is being used ethically and care is taken to enrich and protect data belonging to the company or the client.
- Understand and participate in infrastructure maintenance including log maintenance, determining the status of running applications, and interconnectivity between applications and their associated resources.
- Identify performance issues and develop solutions to remediate them as well as assess the needs for scaling an application.
Management - 20% of time
- Provide peer support and develop new training and/or participate in individual or departmental training sessions to keep current on new technologies and programming standards.
- Maintain and/or schedule sprints to meet company development goals and ensure employees are not over or under-utilized.
- Establish goals and success indicators for the development team and individuals. Perform regular reviews with direct reports for employees and provide candid feedback, retrospective takeaways, and come up with comprehensive plans for how to grow that employee to fit department needs and utilize their existing talent and interests.
What You Need for this Position BSCS and 5+ years of professional development experience and knowledge of:
- Supervising technical resources, coordinating work efforts with project managers and company leadership to define project scope, doing capacity planning for existing resources, estimating timelines, mentoring/coaching both subordinates and peers, and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams to accomplish high impact initiatives.
- Strong understanding of Agile software development.
- Strong understanding of web application interface design, including application layouts and usability studies.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design.
- Ability to manage to versioning of production systems and understanding of how teams work collaboratively using version control, and how to facilitate enterprise-level CI/CD used by production teams for proper change management control practices.
- Implement and update automated testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Document completed work and other development processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of a web programming language and the stack involved in receiving and responding to web requests.
- Fundamental knowledge of how databases are built, queried and used for web applications.
What's In It for You Competitive base salary ($100,000-$130,000/year) and overall compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
So, if this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
1. Apply directly to this job opening here!
2. E-mail directly for more information to email@example.com
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Patrick Solano
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.