The Senior Portfolio Manager will be responsible for leading the Portfolio Management and Project delivery process. This individual will provide leadership, administration, decision-support, and facilitation of the portfolio of projects within the clinical unit of Senior Health Services, for the purposes of value and medical cost savings. The individual will support the planning and execution of initiatives within the portfolio. This position will work with all departments and partnered stakeholders to analyze, redefine and monitor initiatives to ensure maximum efficiency in support of our goals
Risk and Issue Management
- Responsible for performance, oversight, and reporting for portfolios of projects and initiatives in pursuit of defined Senior Health Services clinical objectives.
- Optimize the use of shared resources across entire department, manages overall risk, opportunity, and interdependence across departmental projects, and provides consolidated reporting and an enterprise view of the portfolio investments.
- Solicit progress updates and status report content routinely to feed the program-wide status reporting process.
- Enforce governance policies and materials to support consolidation across stakeholders.
- Present status to varying levels of leadership (Senior / Executive).
- Track metrics and KPIs across portfolios to report benefit realization.
- Participate in development of annual portfolio budget, monitor budget and identify budget discrepancies. Research discrepancies and make recommendations.
- Facilitate project prioritization, resource allocation, and project approval decision-making.
- Identify data reporting needs and prepare reports for upper management.
Project Initiation Support
- Responsible for working with other business unit leadership to assess risk of initiatives on business activities, develop mitigation strategies, and track progress against those initiatives.
- Conduct analysis of existing initiatives and determine level of risk.
- Coordinate with other business unit leadership on identified initiatives to ensure compliance to regulations, processes, and defined scope, including accuracy, consistency and timeliness.
Project Capability Improvement
- Coordinate the creation and cross-functional assessment of business cases for project development.
- Assess resource requirements for projects and negotiates for resources with management to meet project plan deliverables.
- Provide project readiness assessment at each stage of the project methodology.
- Identify interdependencies across projects, programs, products, and portfolios.
- Create executive level status materials with the ability to summarize progress status to executive leadership.
- Implement process improvement initiatives that help standardize on-going tracking and improve overall efficiency.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to review and modify existing business processes.
- Sustain and develop a library of project artifacts, tools, and templates.
Portfolio Delivery Management
- Compile status reports accurately and timely with the appropriate level of detail for team, leadership, and executive updates.
- Enter data and information into the management tools for reference and reporting.
- Document and track follow-up items from meetings.
- Create meeting agenda(s) at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting
- With support from project coordinator, distribute minutes for workgroup meetings, track meetings, and other one-off meetings as necessary.
- Appropriately manages vendors from initial contracting through project completion.
- Ensure phase gate requirements are completed and recorded in a timely manner.
- Organizes and works with appropriate leadership, departments, and leaders to plan and schedule the coordination of people and tasks as needed to accomplish projected objectives.
- Build and maintain management reports to monitor critical path.
- Work with team members and Project Managers to integrate detail project activities and define dependencies ensuring all activities are captured and delivered for portfolio.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of activities through project managers involving the planning, design, and implementation of administrative and other functional business processes.
- Responsible for managing the portfolio within timelines and budget
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- Responsibility for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the portfolio.
- Serve as a change agent to establish a collaborative, communicative environment.
- Serve as the lead for assignment of work activities, escalation of project related issues, service delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide staff with technical advice and problem resolution.
- Build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments.
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Seven years' experience is a related filed with demonstrated knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Health care knowledge required (Medicare Advantage / health plan knowledge preferred)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Complete knowledge of the Project Management Institute's standards and terminology.
- Ability to organize complex objectives into individual related tasks and measurable deliverables.
- Highly skilled in identifying task structures, relationships, and dependencies.
- Ability to facilitate meetings of all sizes for requirements definition, readiness impacts, and documentation; project planning, decision negotiations, risk and issue identification and management, and status tracking.
- Highly skilled in identifying and resolving root cause issues.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead toward resolution by inspiring an assigned team, asking probing questions, reconciling different viewpoints, fostering consensus, and stimulating thinking in oneself and others.
- Expertise in managing one or more medium to large projects of complex dependencies and risks and project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule.
- Ability to lead organization change, business process improvement, and business transformation.
- Expertise in developing, publishing, and presenting executive project health reports.
- Ability to manage vendor delivery to a project.
- Proficient in MS Project, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio, Word.
- Ability to use SharePoint and Excel, with knowledge of charting and data analysis.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.