The Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences (CPSS) group at AstraZeneca, South San Francisco, CA is seeking a Flow cytometry Senior Scientist to work in the a group primarily focused on CAR-T cell therapies. You will be responsible for assay development, optimization, qualification, execution and transfer of high complexity flow cytometry biomarker assays using state-of-art instrumentation to support pre-clinical and clinical studies. You will also be involved in the engagement with CROs, assay transfer validation, implementation and data analysis from clinical trials. You will be expected to provide scientific leadership to junior staff and to develop strong collaborations intra and inter-departments.
Position Requirements & Experience
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot of robust, state-of-the-art multicolor flow cytometry methods for the bioanalytical characterization of CAR T in pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Provide bioanalytical support for pre-clinical and clinical-scale non-GLP IND-enabling studies, including assay qualification and assist in tech transfer internally and externally in support of GLP like and GLP studies.
- Contribute to project technical teams to ensure effective communication at all levels. Collaborate effectively to ensure productive interactions with all stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate strong accountability, organizational and interpersonal skills, and apply scientific and technical experience.
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and technical reports which support regulatory filings.
- Present data/ strategy to scientists and management in internally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD with minimum of 3-5 years' experience in multi-color flow cytometry or immunology, or MS with 8+years, or BS with 12+ years
- Experience with CAR T cell therapy is a plus.
- Hands-on expertise in processing of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and the isolation and analysis of CAR T cells and T cell subsets and subpopulations.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation using FlowJo.
- Familiarity with cGLPs and relevant Regulatory Guidance documents preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication to work effectively within a collaborative work environment as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.