Senior Scientist, Clinical Immuno-Oncology, Early Oncology
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Be part of the team that follows the science to transform the lives of cancer patients. As part of Early Oncology Research and Development, you will be a member of a team of professionals who are pioneering new frontiers by identifying and treating patients earlier while working toward the aim of eliminating cancer. We are driven by curiosity and backed by billions of investment dollars, we are empowered at every level to follow the science in pioneering new frontiers, exploring the most complex Oncology challenges to deliver new molecular entities over and over again. AstraZeneca's pipeline is one of the broadest and deepest in the industry. Why don't you consider joining an unrivalled scientific community filled with the brightest, curious and diverse minds?
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration.
About Our Gaithersburg Oncology Hub
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we host some of the most pioneering technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria, copy center, game rooms, community garden, and much more. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while growing collaboration between teams.
Innovate and Push the Boundaries of Science in Oncology R&D
Join a dedicated Oncology team that's growing fast and building a strong track record of success. Our pioneering approach is identifying and treating patients earlier, focusing on early stage cancer trials and listening and evolving based on their needs. As a team we are deeply committed to transforming the lives of patients living with cancer - with the ultimate aim of eliminating cancer as a cause of death. There's no better place to make an impact - here we are uniquely placed with the funding, the ambition and the bravery to make it happen. The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center, game rooms, community garden and more. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative lab-based Senior Scientist who can drive new understanding for AstraZeneca's clinical stage immuno-oncology (IO) biologics agents. In the Clinical IO Research group at AstraZeneca, Gaithersburg, you will apply your passion and deep expertise in immuno-oncology to elucidate the mechanism of action of IO agents currently being tested in clinical trials. This position will also require the use of basic science research to answer important clinical questions and influence clinical strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
- This is a laboratory-based position. You will be responsible for driving the science by developing and executing experiments with primary human and mouse immune cells with therapeutic intervention using checkpoint blockade bispecific antibodies.
- Compile & present pertinent findings to cross-functional global teams in a timely manner.
- Lead preparation of scientific publications (patents, posters & manuscripts) for external communication in addition to supporting documents associated with regulatory submissions.
- Agility in thought and research development, strength in independent research, and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting.
This laboratory based position within the AstraZeneca organization requires an experienced immuno-oncology research scientist whose qualities and experience include the following:
- A PhD, or equivalent experience, in immunology, cancer biology, or cell biology.
- Extensive background in therapeutic manipulation of the immune system in various solid and/or hematologic oncology settings.
- Extensive knowledge of immunology, with an emphasis on T cell and/or NK cell biology.
- An independent thinker with the willingness to push scientific boundaries.
- Desired: checkpoint inhibitor (CPI) immunology experience.
- Desired: hands-on in vivo experience.
- Strong skills in basic biochemical and immunological methods such as multi-color flow cytometry (FACS), ELISA/multiplex assays, western blotting, cytotoxicity / cell killing assays.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills together with evidence of having used these to support problem solving and delivery in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, plan and meet timelines.
- Proven track record of success in your research that demonstrates a high level of productivity and ability to think critically.
- Experience preparing written scientific reports (eg, manuscripts) and oral presentations to broad and diverse audiences.
At AstraZeneca, any opportunity can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial, finding those moments, and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, ground-breaking innovative methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
If you're curious to know more, please contact Bobbi Poole, our Talent Acquisition Partner.Closing Date: September 24 , 2022Competitive remuneration and benefits apply
We offer a competitive Total Reward program including a market driven base salary, bonus and long term incentive. We have a generous paid time off program and a comprehensive benefits package.Where can I find out more?Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We align with all applicable laws and regulations on inclusivity in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.