At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Optiv is seeking a senior consultant to work on risk transformation consulting projects. We are looking for an innovative and motivated consultant who can help customers transform their risk environment and adapt to digital disruptions they face in their business. The Senior Consultant is a seasoned consultant with expertise in multiple domains of risk management, security and demonstrable experience in developing strategies as well as executing the implementation of those strategies and executing on risk transformation program development.
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Senior Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with Optiv's commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv's quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work with customers to help them articulate their business requirements and how those requirements translate into security features and functionality.
- Architect solutions to ensure that the customer's risk transformation requirements are met.
- Assist with development of risk transformation plans for customers which will enable them to execute upon strategies.
- Rationalize different security solutions against requirements, risk, and constraints.
- Oversee and direct the delivery of security strategy execution as part of a broader Enterprise or IS/IT Architecture which encompass People, Process and Technology components.
- Undertake Threat, Vulnerability and Risk analysis methodologies/techniques and the interpretation/application of their output in the definition of Security Architectures
- Comfortably delivers solo-based work or act as "point" for complex projects
- Excellent team communicator.
- Mentors less experienced consultants
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Consistently complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
- Acts as contributor in Optiv communities for Risk Management.
- Bachelor's degree and/or approximately 5-7 years of related work experience.
- PCI QSA strongly preferred
- Experience designing and/or implementing risk management and security solutions.
- A high-level knowledge of all key areas of Information Security Technology.
- Exposure to Standards, Policies and Legislation, e.g. ISO27001, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, GDPR, CCPA, etc. in the development of security strategies.
- Strong understanding of security strategy, risk management and security operations.
- Demonstrable experience in "soft" consultancy skills (i.e., written and verbal communications, expectation management, on budget/on time task completion).
- Able to create information security documentation and convey complex information security topics in a simple effective manner.
- One or more certifications in risk or security is required. CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CCSK, CISA, CCSP, or other.
- Information Security and regulatory compliance consultancy experience.
- Cloud Security experience desirable.
- Desirable experience within one or more of the following Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA).
- Appreciation of trends in IT security, IT risk management, and security architecture.
- Self-motivated individual who is keen to take ownership of allocated tasks and drive them to completion
- Strong knowledge of multiple security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems.
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to build consensus.
- Solid business acumen and basic project management expertise.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs;
- Valid driver's license in the US
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.