Senior Software Engineer
Would you love to be part of driving superior performance and precision within the aviation ecosystem? At Cirium, we make sense of the large expanse of data generated within the aviation industry and deliver actionable market insight. As a trusted, neutral source connecting the aviation industry, Cirium offers you the diverse opportunity to work with some of the most critical areas of aviation and technology in the world today.
Senior Software Engineer
This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design - typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
• Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
• Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure the team's applications operate as expected.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
Working at Cirium is dynamic and exciting. Our customers (airlines, airports, government agencies, and others) rely on our data to know where people are flying, how they are getting there, how much they are paying, and more. The overwhelming majority of passenger aviation in the world (including 23 of the 25 largest airlines) is planned with the help of our business intelligence data and tools. Join us to build the future of the strategy and analysis software, which is actually being used to shape the aviation industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.