Senior Staff Accountant If you are a CPA with accounting experience in the real estate or private equity space, please read on!
We are looking for an up-and-coming accountant in the Los Angeles area with prior experience working in multi-family real estate and/or private equity.
What You Will Be Doing The Senior Accountant will assist the CFO and Assistant Controller with day-to-day accounting duties for assigned entities and assets, along with the associated cash controls for the bank accounts and accounts payable. Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Perform monthly accounting close processes, including recordation of operational activity and income pick-ups
- Prepare schedules for balance sheet and income recordation support on assigned entities
- Oversee and review property financial information
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Amortize and record prepaid items
- Accrue property taxes
- Analyze and record bad debt expense and prepaid rent
- Record liabilities, expenses, revenue, and other G&A costs
- Collaborate with Asset Managers for fixed asset and operational expense capitalization
- Compare and income and expenses to budget and explain variance
- Analyze financial data
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Produce financial statement reports
- Forecast income, expenses, and cash flow
- Perform quarterly consolidation of financial data
- Yield calculations for fund accounting
- Prepare budgets and workpapers for auditors
- Process accounts payable and receivable
What You Need for this Position - At least 4 years of relevant accounting experience in real estate or private equity
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA Preferred
- Experience using accounting software
- GAAP Knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in-office as needed
- COVID-19 vaccination is HIGHLY desired
What's In It for You - $85K-$110K salary (based on experience)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Sick Leave/PTO
- Opportunities for Growth
So, if you are a CPA with experience as a staff accountant in the multi-family real estate space, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!