The Senior Systems Analyst analyzes how well software, hardware, and the wider IT system fits the business needs of Shamrock Foods or of a client. They will write requirements for new systems and may also help implement them and monitor their effectiveness.
- Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems, designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Defines application problem by conferring with clients, evaluating procedures and processes.
- Develops solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Controls solutions by establishing specifications and coordinating production with programmers.
- Validates results by testing programs.
- Ensures operation by training client personnel and providing support.
- Provides references by writing documentation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in various applications and business areas
- Seeks out better ways to achieve strategic objectives while working with all levels of business users.
- Leads process modeling, requirements, design, and testing to deliver software solutions.
- Applies in-depth analysis and evaluation of inter-dependent processes and enterprise wide systems.
- Expertly applies software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and leads in best practice development and standardization.
- Multi-department risk mitigation planning and FMEA design.
- Applies basic project management skills, may lead small project teams.
- Seeks out and participates in outside educational opportunities to advance skillset.
- Mentors level I and II associates, facilitates associates on-boarding.
- Reviews other team members' work to ensure adherence to standards.
- May provide consultation on projects and is considered to be a subject matter expert on technology or business process.
- Involved in Level I or Level II on-call support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience, or 7+ years of equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in primary technology stack
- Intermediate SQL and data analysis skills
- Intermediate knowledge of data modelling/visualization and use interface design
- Intermediate reporting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Our Mission:
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.' Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards. Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This job has expired.