Position Title: Service Technician (Commercial)
Reports To: Field Supervisor or Branch Manager
Location Name: Berkshire Mechanical
Location Address: 2729 Leisczs Bridge Rd, Leesport, PA 19533
Starting Pay: $24-32/hour
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Berkshire Mechanical EENA Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Under minimum supervision, performs diagnostic and service work on commercial (rooftop) HVAC equipment and accessories. Communicates with commercial customer to answer questions, resolve problems, and ensure complete customer satisfaction. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or Branch Manager.
What Do We Offer You as a Berkshire Mechanical EENA Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Health & Safety Roles and Responsibilities
- Works under minimum supervision to perform commercial (rooftop) service and maintenance calls, following company and customer safety protocols.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Diagnosis and performs service on commercial heating, air conditioning, boilers and associated equipment, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspects equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
- Completes routine maintenance and equipment cleaning as needed or required.
- Responsible for delivery and removal of parts and equipment needed to complete service work.
- Using hand-held device records all required information on customer call. Completes all forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Communicates with dispatch while on duty to ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities and availability.
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Promotes products and services to the customer. Calls Lead Coordinator with specifics on replacement product sales leads generated from customer service visit.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
- Represent our company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
- Following standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed.
- May train other commercial service/maintenance/install technicians, as assigned.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Reports any unsafe acts, conditions and hazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
- Reports any contravention of legislation or company policy, procedure or program to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
- Corrects substandard acts or conditions within area of control.
- Uses and maintains appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Never removes or renders ineffective any safety guards, devices, or clothing prescribed to be in place or worn.
- Complies with the general rules as prescribed by company program(s) procedure(s)
- Operates devises or equipment as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Participates in any safety initiatives, teams, or committees.
- Reports all injuries or incidents as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s) immediately.
- Provides input on developing safety initiatives and plans to eliminate exposures that could cause accidents.
- Does not perform act that may endanger the safety or wellbeing of others
- Does not engage in any pranks, contests, or rough boisterous behavior.
- Works in compliance with applicable legislative requirement.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training and experience in all aspects of commercial HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
- Skilled at servicing commercial (rooftop) heating, air conditioning, boilers and associated equipment, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on commercial HVAC equipment.
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow on all commercial systems with little or no supervision.
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
- Skilled at troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, and related commercial equipment with little or no supervision.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Two years' experience performing service and maintenance work on commercial HVAC equipment and related accessories.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas.
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
The job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Service Experts.
EENA is committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgEENAis an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.