This job has expired.
Sets up and operates machine tools to cut, shape, or form metal to specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up, adjusts, or operates basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Disposes of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Expands skills in own work area within an analytical/scientific method or operational process.
- Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise.
- Works within standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods with a moderate degree of supervision.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS diploma or GED preferred.
6 months to 1 yearof experience required.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to read a tape measure.