Are you interested in a career that protects the environment and the air we breathe? Are you looking to be a part of a team that is willing to invest in you from day one? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you based in our Birmingham, AL office.
Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,500 employees across 75 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
Shop Managers have primary responsibility for coordinating and managing maintenance, calibration, cleaning, inventory and repair of all MAQS equipment. Shop Managers must also possess a working understanding of method requirements for projects in their area. Shop Managers may be tasked by Logistics, Field and Client Project Managers to assist with equipment preparation and load out for jobs.
Shop Managers are mentors to all staff junior to them and have the responsibility to coach and teach as part of the responsibilities of the position. Shop Managers have no direct reports but commonly could solicit the assistance of peers and/or junior staff in support of their responsibilities.
The following list is not exhaustive but includes many of the duties and responsibilities of the Shop Manager:
- Support in the role of Senior Technician as required in the field
- Document, report and tag maintenance and inventory discrepancies found in the field or in the shop. Quarantine out-of-service equipment.
- Primarily responsible for maintenance, calibration, cleaning, inventory and repair of all MAQS equipment and assets used for testing
- Support Field and Client Project Managers as needed with equipment prep and job load outs
- Primary responsibility for shop organization and cleanliness
- Primary responsibility for Hazardous Materials storage in the shop per State and Federal requirements
- Primary responsibility for office and shop compliance per local and state Fire Marshall ordinances
- Primary responsibility for office and shop security and alarms (if this service is being used).
- Primary responsibility for managing vehicle service, repairs, tags and licenses at the local office level
- Perform any other duties assigned by Logistics, Field and Client Project manager(s)
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6+ years of industry experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is beneficial
- Valid Driver's License is required
- Man lift Certified is beneficial
- First Aid and CPR Certified is beneficial
- Working knowledge of tools used for instrument repair (multimeter, etc.)
- Analyzer OEM Training is beneficial
- Capability to pass pre-employment background checks as well as initial drug screening
- Must be able to successfully pass random urine, alcohol, and hair tests at all times
- Driving record should allow for driving in DOT Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) capacity
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work from heights
- Ability to pass an OSHA Respiratory Protection Medical Evaluation, and don respiratory equipment
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities (i.e., self-starter, self-motivated)
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and resiliency to operate in a dynamic work environment
Vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistanceMAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve. We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose,you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues to help you succeed in a new career.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.