LexisNexis is looking for a technology leader interested in transforming the way we build and deliver software. We are the leading global provider of legal and business information. We are constantly innovating to help our customers succeed by combining information and analytics to increase productivity, improved decision making and outcomes.
The Software Architect will help solve challenging problems like transforming our CounselLink Enterprise Legal Management (ELM) SaaS application using Micro Frontends and angular, leveraging our big data corpus and analytics to solve customer problems, and striving to achieve DORA elite status. If this environment and problem domain excites you, please review the detailed Job description below and consider applying.
The Software Architect will be responsible for providing architectural guidance to the LexisNexis development teams, business groups, and customers for existing CounselLink and new products. You will partner with the business and product management in order to understand and anticipate necessary technology and design decisions. You will be responsible for all aspects of the technical architecture and design of strategic products and systems.
- Provide input on technical strategy development, strategic investment/budget decisions and tactical translation of the strategy where new and existing products need to be integrated.
- Partner with management and business owners to provide technical/architectural evaluations and feasibility assessments for potential new projects.
- Work closely with the management and the technical leads to target and pursue efforts that will establish and maintain a technology platform for sustained product development and integration
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, including prototyping and creation of POCs; introduce/train team in new technologies.
- Lead technical activities including technical assessments, architectural designs, code reviews, and other general consulting as needed.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of creating and supporting software systems, including analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, troubleshooting, enhancement, and documentation in an Agile environment.
- Act as a roving troubleshooter capable of being applied to mission critical issues that arise. Technical abilities to code/implement key system components.
- Ensure that sufficient and accurate documentation is maintained in order to both satisfy any regulatory requirements and to ensure effective maintainability and extensibility of the product/system.
- Work closely with IT/InfoSec to understand and ensure appropriate security practices are in place, including platform/infrastructure as well as coding standards.
- Communicates and interacts with managers and/or customers and developers from project inception to completion including status reporting and maintenance.
- Drive technical direction and architecture evolution via reviews and on-floor "hands-on" leadership; provide guidance and training to project team members.
- Provides pro-active leadership, sees problems/opportunities and initiates projects as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks; benchmarking state- of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled off-hour support to ensure proper and efficient operations of all software related production processes.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, an applicable field or equivalent.
- 10+ years related experience in software development, including product development.
- Proven experience with database technologies, including RDMS (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL); and knowledge of distributed database concepts.
- Must have knowledge of API design standards, patterns, and best practices especially REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, XML
- Development experience with the following technologies is a plus: AWS Quicksight, Redis, Memcached etc.
- Solid working knowledge in a plurality of the following areas: SaaS, Web application development, service-based architecture technologies, data analytics, cloud computing.
- AWS Solutions Architect level training/Certification. Cloud Technology expertise. Active history contributing to Open Source valued.
- Expert in a plurality of the following technologies: Parallel and Distributed Processing Systems, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Very Large-scale Databases, and High-Performance Computing.
- Expert in Search Technologies including Elastic, Solr
- Demonstrated ability to translate the language of technology for the business management team and the business requirements for the technical team.
- Ability to solve complex problems applying creativity, innovation, and technical concepts.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.