MEDICAL & MOLECULAR GENETICS (IN-MMGE-IUINA)
One of the first human genetics departments in the country, the Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics at IU School of Medicine has a rich history of training geneticists and genetic counselors and providing genetic consultation and counseling services. The department contributes to the understanding of numerous genetic conditions through the integration of basic research in genetic and genomic mechanisms, translational research in disease models, and clinical trials in rare and common genetic diseases.
- Provides experienced design, development, testing, and configuration of software systems and computer programs.
- Performs experienced analysis, programming, troubleshooting, bug-fixing, and tuning of new and existing software.
- Consults with stakeholders/clients to review existing software solutions; develops new functionality and/or writes new code as needed; advises clients on critical decisions regarding information technology to improve overall business process efficiency.
- Determines program module test procedures, generates required test data, and executes testing procedures.
- Collaborates with other technical staff and stakeholders/clients to ensure optimum functionality, performance, accessibility, scalability, and security of supported software.
- Documents software development efforts (changes, new functionality, issue/problem resolution).
- Provides documentation, information, and training through formal and informal communications to end users, departments, and internal staff.
- Contributes to project planning, formulating objectives, estimating tasks; performs studies to include feasibility, conceptual design, cost/benefit analysis, development and implementation planning.
- Ensures that all protocols used in the development and maintenance of software is up to date and compliant with university policies and standards; researches and stays up-to-date on new industry software development standards, emerging technology, UX/UI design/philosophy, and accessibility standards.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science, business systems, or related field)
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 2 years of software development or related experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Additional Information
This position is grant funded with expected annual renewals. Renewals are contingent on the availability of grant funds. Work Location
Indianapolis, IndianaAdvertised Salary
Selected candidate will be offered $58,827.24 - $68,827.20 per year based on experience and internal equity within the department. Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: Software/App Design, Dev & Eng
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.