Building the possibilities.
DraftKings is seeking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to lead the Sportsbook Settlement team. This team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the settlement experience of the Sportsbook product line. We expect this manager to work closely with the team's current Technical Leads, Delivery Managers, Product Managers, and Designers while owning the engineering roadmap and providing career guidance to the team.
What you'll do as a Software Engineering Manager:
What you'll bring:
- You will lead and manage a team of engineers to support our Sportsbook applications.
- Grow the members of your team through career management and feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers and the larger Sportsbook organization
- Implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing
- Building large scale distributed systems adhering to high standards and best practices
- Technical guidance and ownership over the team products end-to-end - from design to production
- Working with product owners/architects to build services and related workflows
- Building and implementing testing methodologies to guarantee system quality and performance standards
- Building and constantly improving CI/CD processes
- 5 + years experience working in a software environment at a large scale
- Experience managing a small team of engineers
- Experience in Agile development and SDLC
- Experience working with stakeholders and contributing to product definition
- Excellent knowledge of C# (Core framework experience)
- Practical experience with TPL, async, concurrent data structures, immutable data structures
- Profiling and optimizations, GC and memory management
- Working experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, scale options, availability, eventual consistency
- Understanding of large scale, distributed systems, microservices architecture
- Experience building event-driven architectures: messaging, consumer patterns, CQRS, Event Sourcing
- Experience in implementing telemetry, business and technical metrics, distributed tracing
- Understanding of Automation processes related to R&D cycle
- You enjoy working with intelligent and energetic teams of people
- Knowledge or previous experience with data streaming solutions - Kafka
- Previous experience with MongoDB/Redis
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in the selection process.
#LI-SG1 Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.We are DraftKings.
We're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what's next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We're a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.Join Us!
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.Ready to build what's next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
This job has expired.