Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Soils Technician to join our team in Los Angeles. Our ideal candidate will be excited to work along an established team with over a 60 year history in the Los Angeles based area. This will be an excellent career development opportunity for an individual who is looking to grow.
- Perform inspection of soil related construction activities- micro piles, drilled piles, grading, compacted backfill, foundation excavations, shoring installation and testing, stone columns, soil improvement methodologies
- Read and interpret project designs and specifications to determine what inspections are required
- Clearly completely and accurately document the inspections performed
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma minimum
- ICC Certification in soils preferable
- ACI Certification in concrete preferable
- Los Angeles Deputy Grading Inspector license preferable
- Must have and maintain required certifications to perform appropriate inspections
- Ability to follow Construction Site Safety Precautions
- Ability to communicate written and verbal
- Good writing skills
- Must be able and willing to work some weekends and occasional overtime as needed
- Ability to walk around construction sites, climb ladders, platforms and carry test equipment
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.