At Steampunk, we take a design-thinking led mindset and approach to growing our business. The strategists, pragmatists, and creative thinkers on our Growth team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design, strategy, and sales to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level.
We are looking for an individual who wants to leverage a unique combination of business, technical, and design expertise to align key stakeholders to ensure that our business sales strategy truth aligns with current and future business priorities.
As a Solution Strategist, you will be supporting business design activities across the sales lifecycle. You'll collaborate with other strategists, designers, engineers, and account managers across our portfolios to facilitate knowledge sharing and inspire other teams. Design is the problem-solving paradigm of our age, and human-centered design is our way of shaping and influencing our growth.
- Lead business design and sales activities including business intelligence gathering, creative brainstorming, visioning, and stakeholder interviews
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design, and delivery.
- Ready to collaborate on solutions and services that change the way our clients do business creating service at scale
- Synthesize materials and construct meaningful stories to ground the design and technical solution in the client's context
- Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative
- Lead and support account managers in new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from a client
- Deliver strategy recommendations across numerous accounts including market opportunity, competitive landscape, and corporate capability alignment
- Understanding of high-level overview of additional solution considerations, such as unique buyer purchase preferences and skills required to deploy/sell
- Lead a team of technical and business experts towards achieving a common goal
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization and able to exercise creative problem-solving skills
- Shows grace under pressure and communicates effectively to unify team members while working against tight deadlines
- Comfortable briefing and communicating regularly with executives' leadership on status, risks, and blockers of meeting critical milestones
- Write independent sections and edit teammates' deliverables as needed for brevity, clarity, and maximum impact
- Thought leadership and identification of innovative scenarios to accelerate customer business outcomes.
- Demonstrates analytical, reasoning, planning, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated skills in communicating technical information to non-technical and technical customers, as well as how core technologies translate into customer's critical capabilities
- Demonstrate strong writing abilities
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and record-keeping skills
- A high level of self-motivation and a self-starter to accomplish tasks independently while following-up with team members to ensure all critical tasks are completed
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading sales opportunities from identification to award
- Must have experience with federal proposals and understand complex RFQ/RFP compliance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in technical, business, or related discipline
- Must have 5 years of experience with federal proposals and understand complex RFQ/RFP compliance requirements
- Translate technical concepts, hot buttons, and win strategies into written documentation to include white papers, market research, and proposal writing
- Experience supporting sales/business development teams in client facing meetings, presentations, and written responses for government procurements
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills, with proficiency in multiple methods of visual communication and oral delivery
- Experience in problem solving directly with clients and their stakeholders
- Experience working in a team, but also being able to prioritize and self-manage
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.