Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for spotters to join our team for a solar project in Carlsbad, New Mexico. Your duties as a spotter will be but not limited to; directing heavy equipment inside the work zone. Local candidates from the Orla, Texas area are encouraged to apply. We offer outstanding benefits, good pay, and career opportunities.
U.S: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job related noises
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.