For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts and services.
Our Malvern, PA corporate offices are searching for a Senior Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- We are not using agencies at this time.
- We are not offering relocation or visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
The Senior Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis will analyze the Company's business operations and cash flows. Responsibilities include budgeting, business analysis and forecasting. The Senior Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis will execute data gathering, manipulation, summarization, and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, develop senior leadership presentations and assist in external reporting.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze monthly reports for actual results compared to budget, prior year and forecast. Review results with management and provide a complete understanding of variances; this includes driving efforts to understand root causes of variances and making recommendations to enhance business performance
- Lead aspects of the annual budget and provide guidance to global business teams including: managing the data collection and consolidation process with accounting resources and functional leadership; validate completeness and accuracy with the goal of communicating trends and key drivers to executive leadership
- Populate and review internal and external reporting, including monthly and quarterly management presentations, Board of Directors presentations, earnings slides, and investor presentations while partnering with Financial Reporting
- Develop a level of expertise in financial reporting systems (SAP and BPC) to continuously improve business process, standardize reporting and train employees. Ensure reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled including supporting accounting with variance analysis
- Assist operational management with understanding and managing the performance of the business. Review key performance indicators (KPIs) and scorecards to monitor the business, specifically with regard to efficiency, profitability and time & resource management.
- Own the cash flow management reporting and forecasting process and communicate to executive leadership how the company is performing
- Take responsibility for corporate analysis and functional decision support. Work with members of the senior management team to perform analysis and provide strategic insights around corporate expenditures
- Manage quarterly and annual audit and tax requests to support SOX and company public filings
- Develop and implement FP&A best practices, procedures and processes to drive forecast & planning, business insight and analysis to support senior leadership team
- Complete ad hoc projects as directed by finance management.
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- 5-7 years of experience in progressive finance roles or accounting roles
- Prior experience in corporate financial planning, public audit or as a finance business partner.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or another related quantitative discipline a plus.
- Public company, or public audit experience preferred
- Financial analytical skills must address the full range of issues including marketing, strategic planning, technology and economics from an operational and strategic standpoint.
- Advanced aptitude in problem solving, including the ability to logically structure an appropriate analytical framework.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with corporate management and all other functions in the Company.
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and financial consolidation processes.
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of ERP and consolidation systems (SAP's BPC consolidation tool a plus), as well as expertise in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Demonstrated experience using Excel to build and maintain complex financial models as well as perform financial and data analysis.
This job has expired.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and modify processes in a complex and growing environment.
- Welcomes the challenges that come with a rapidly growing company whose strategy for growth includes both organic and inorganic actions
- Display the personal attributes of integrity and compliance, personal leadership, performance driven work ethic and ability to lead cross functionally without authority.
- Possesses a wide-range of experience using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously; ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in. Dependence on and confidence in own abilities to get things done.
- Able to meet tight deadlines on multiple priorities.