At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
- Responsible for managing the DMC standards, review weekly variances/yields and reporting results to the Controller and plant managers.
- Identify ways to improve the visibility of the DMC's as well as find ways to help reduce our DMC costs
- Liaison between the manufacturing plant and the finance function.
- Provide DMC estimates for new products.
- Primary financial counsel to the plant manager regarding operational issues.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to identify areas to manage and reduce costs and implement process improvements.
- Responsible for the standard cost roll and analysis of materials, work center rate and production changes.
- Review and set up BOM's in AX for both commercial products and R&D products.
- Responsible for ensuring the cycle counts are performed properly and in accordance with the policy.
- Support, maintain, and update SOX internal controls for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work in a high performance, team-centered work environment to support overall company goals.
- Provide leadership to cost accounting team including, but not limited to, development and project management.
- Gain an understanding of the overall accounting/finance function at Celgard
- Participate on cross-functional continuous improvement teams.
Note: this description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum 4-7 years overall experience with experience in cost accounting and general accounting required.
- Project and team management experience preferred
- Experience with standard costing, absorption and manufacturing variance reporting
- SOX Experience with identification of key controls a plus
- Must be willing to travel between the Charlotte and Concord Plants
- Forecasting experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work well with staff members in gathering data to solve problems
- Advanced Excel Skills with experience with large databases, arrays, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc. required
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, collaboration, and detail-orientated skills
- Microsoft AX Experience a plus
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Able to work on a high performing team creating an environment where open and honest communication is the norm.
- Ability to build effective workplace relationships.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.