The Sr. Director, Enterprise Architect will lead and coordinate Corporate-wide Architecture function to define, communicate and maintain the technical and architecture technical strategy, policies, processes, standards, and solutions. Reviews, provides input, and approves the technical platform architecture and data architecture. Works with the Technical Principal, Development Manager and PMO to define the platform technical architecture. Collaborate with Engineering leads to find opportunities to improve speed, reduce technical debt, improve flexibility, etc.
- Architect and develop mission-critical, enterprise systems for highly visible projects.
- Influence business unit, group, and corporate leaders on change requirements to support business and IT strategies both existing and new technologies from design, documentation, testing, and implementation.
- Provide technical consulting on complex strategic initiatives in one or more phases of application development.
- Review and assess new and existing business and technical solutions for specific challenges or risks.
- Implement and mature architectural practices to define and/or maintain business architecture models, designs of the information flow to business functions, and guide business enabling IT investment.
- Ensure IT investment decisions and program, projects, and planning are in alignment with Vertiv wide architecture standards, patterns, and roadmaps.
- Advise other professionals (project managers, architects, and business leaders) on tools, technologies, and methodologies related to the design and development of IT solutions.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of Vertiv wide policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain IT investment strategies in alignment with critical business needs.
- Collaborate with at both leadership and operational levels, to understand and synthesize strategic drivers for IT enablement.
- Keep pace with current technology trends and incorporate that knowledge appropriately.
- Develop and mentor senior technical resources
- Leads and manages a cross-functional team to drive selected major programs, primarily focused on cost-down initiatives but may also include delivery performance, inventory reduction, quality risk improvement, and large-scale value stream improvements.
- Play a key role in the process for defining the strategies that results in a portfolio of projects that are evaluated for investment
- Drive implementation of standard tools to estimate and prioritize projects within the portfolio. This includes documenting key risks and developing a basic understanding of what is required to mitigate them.
- Develop an approach for establishing cost-down road maps for critical value streams across the organization. This may include implementing cost-down kaizen events (VATF) to facilitate identifying cost-down opportunities and then flowing them through a process to effectively prioritize and select them.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or related field or related experience; Master's degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 12 years of experience, and a minimum of 10 years with software integration.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience integration middleware and API Management in support of a large enterprise programs.
- Ability to bring multiple groups and business partners together and drive the conversation, architecture, design and decisions of key architectural conversations.
- Strong experience with building complex interfaces, APIs, and Microservices using known Middleware platform
- Excellent technical experience and knowledge on Oracle PaaS platform and its core integration components like Oracle SOA Cloud and Oracle Integration Cloud
- Strong conceptual and working Knowledge of latest trends in Oracle PaaS technology and industry best practices, patterns, and standards
- Minimum one project hands on experience on Oracle PaaS (SOA CS, OIC) or other large Middleware platforms.Strong Analytical and Communication skills and collaborate with multiple teams and vendors
- Experience with implementation of Cloud based application and/or integration.
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness or similar ERP deployments.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies and methods.
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply architectural disciplines to solve business problems (systems thinking).
- Experience in modeling business and information attributes and their correlation to supporting technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives.
- Ability to develop flexible and scalable solutions to business problems.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new and/or emerging technologies.
Vertiv is a $5.0 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers' vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.