General Position Summary & Responsibilities:
This position requires solid experience in power systems projects & preventive and predictive maintenance in – High Voltage field (230kv). Strong knowledge of both Electrical theory, motor theory, and protection relays. Experience with Easy Power (or similar) Electrical software and the ability to use AutoCAD. Strong knowledge of modern industrial electrical and electronic equipment (VFD/VSDs, PLC, Electronic Relays, etc.). Ability to lead multiple Capex / Opex projects with budgets up to $1MM, and ensure that all safety, schedule, cost, and other project requirements are meant. Experience with modern electrical preventive and predictive maintenance technologies. Knowledge and understanding of key contracting terms, types, and language. Ability to assist Purchasing and Operations groups with the negotiation of both equipment and construction contracts. Understanding of contract Terms and Conditions. Experience leading contractors during construction projects (Brownfield preferred). Ability to lead various technical and skilled labor contractors, while maintaining a high labor efficiency and ensuring a safe work environment. Must be committed to a safe workplace. Ability to work with various stakeholders to drive the Jobsite to a 0-injury workplace. Understanding of various OSHA, NFPA, and other safety rules. As Project Manager successfully initiate, execute, and properly close out capital projects assigned. Maintain a safe and reliable plant power distribution system. Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Responsible for the planning, execution, and control of electrical projects at Cascade Steel Rolling Mill in McMinnville, OR.
- Operate through cross-functional teams to ensure collaboration among all lines of operation.
- Complying with company policy and procedures.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of facilities, equipment, processes, material handling, and personnel management as pertains to engineering matters.
- Participate in routine safety activities including LSO, visibility tours, and safety meetings
- Monitors monthly expense cost management data and project cost data and liaises with Business partners to ensure accurate expenditure and forecasting.
- Meets with maintenance, operation, and contractors to coordinate project planning during planned outages
- Writes purchase requisitions relating to Capex projects.
- Communicates with purchasing and accounting departments
- Support in all engineering department activities – as required
Must follow all company policy. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn in accordance with the established Personal Protective Equipment Plan. This position requires occasional climbing while ascending or descending stairs on an infrequent basis. Stooping, kneeling, and crouching when needing to access office supplies or equipment or to take dimensional measurements of plant structures or equipment. Standing and walking to various locations within the manufacturing plant. Reaching to retrieve supplies, equipment, or files/paperwork or to measure. Pushing, pulling, and lifting to move items within the office environment. Repetitive motions of the hands, wrists, and fingers to perform duties such as using a keyboard, telephone, record-filing, or operating a copier/fax. Sitting is required while performing duties at the workstation. Talking in person and by phone to explain procedures, gather information, and brief leadership. Must be able to communicate effectively in person, over the phone, and/or via email. Must be able to hear the radio and phone and can read and view computer monitor, data, figures and text, and dimensional measurements.Job Conditions:
Exposure to physical operations ranging from office environments to manufacturing areas. On occasion may need to enter the mill, where they will be exposed to outdoor and or plant conditions. PPE is required and provided when this is the case. Works indoors and outdoors as required. Exposed to all types of weather conditions when traversing the plant. Rarely exposed to fumes from outside area. Continually, when outside, exposed to all types of weather conditions. International or domestic travel may be required to support projects.Qualifications:Required
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Heavy Industry
- Experience in High Voltage Predictive Maintenance (Thermography, transformers oil analysis)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Experience in relays coordination and Arc Flash
- Proficient in Oracle and MS Project
- Experience in Steel, Aluminum, Cement, Paper, etc...
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.