GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab8, Malta, NY seeks an experienced Facilities Electrical System Engineer. You will be responsible for ongoing operations, as well as working on the design, construction, and startup of GlobalFoundries electrical systems in support of our wafer fabrication facility. Additionally, you will operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and ensure continuous improvements to our facilities' electrical systems and ensure regulatory compliance with all city, state, and federal guidelines.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the power distribution system starting at the 115kV incoming power from National Grid into the GlobalFoundries HV yard, down to the 120V services to the office space
- Work with the maintenance team (both electrical and inter-discipline) and ensure constant uptime of all electrical systems by coordinating maintenance, repair, and system improvement activities
- Interface closely with design and engineering teams to ensure projects meet operational electrical needs, ensure maintainability of electrical systems, ensure smooth startups of electrical systems that are seamless to fab operations
- Explore ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for fab operations
- Provide electrical system support to all facilities teams and fab modules
- Coordinate and work with project teams, electrical engineers, electrical technicians, and contractors as required
- Manage and execute small electrical projects that encompass all phases of the project, from scope development, design, construction and close-out
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all city, state, and federal guidelines
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline or equivalent military experience and industry experience
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Have experience as a Field Engineer, Power Systems Engineer, or Engineer Trainee in the Semiconductor, Power, or Related Position
- Ability to effectively interface with functional teams, customers, contractors, and suppliers
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed (less than 5% annually).
- Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to work with cross-discipline facilities teams
- Proven experience with EasyPower or similar software for power distribution systems
- Experience in low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems supplying all manufacturing equipment, central plant operations, and support equipment with a preference for experience in the semiconductor industry
- Experience with maintenance management system(MMS) software, like SAP
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.