Job Location: Chicago
Want to make an impact?
The Senior IT Business Partner will work directly with business leaders, IT leaders and external service providers actively facilitating the delivery of data management and data governance solutions.
Working in the Data Strategy & Governance Office, the Senior Business Partner engages with data owners, domain leads, and data stewards in maturing & executing Ferrara's data governance objectives. They will be responsible to assess master data quality and establish data controls which enable the business to take accountability of data quality across business applications.
This role requires fundamental master data management and governance experience within the Material Domain (Material Master, BOMs, Production Versions, Routing, Specifications, etc.) Other areas of focus are customer, vendor, finance, and employee master data.
Representative technologies include SAP ECC/S4, SAP MDG, SAP Information Steward, SAP HANA, SAP BOBJ and SAP PLM.
Ways you will make a difference
Skills that will make you successfulProject Leadership & Solution Design and Delivery:
- Work directly with leaders and managers within the master data area to develop the business data strategies that matches Ferrara's business objectives and growth strategies.
- Build a partnership and relationship that adds value to the business through proactive data governance
- Assess risk in business areas not adequately supported by core master data.
- Execute Data Strategy and Governance Objectives:
- Define Data
- Collaborate with data owners and data stewards to document data lineage, data dictionaries, data quality business rules, standards/policies, and processes
- Get Data Clean
- Data profiling and analyze data sets across data landscape
- Document data quality scenarios
- Leverage data assessment tools (SAP Information Steward, Intelligent Data Quality, and MS Excel) to identify records which need validation or cleansing
- Work with data stewards, data owners, and data custodians to ensure data is getting cleansed properly
- Ensure we document and understand the root-cause of data quality issues
- Track metrics for cleansing
- Keep Data Clean
- Propose near-term and long-term solutions to keep data clean
- Support implementing these solutions
- Monitor Data
- Review, assess, and organize governance requests for changes, gain alignment with cross functional working groups, and gain data owner approval.
- Organize and report overall data metrics
- Support change management requirements: Impact analysis, Communications, and Training
- Facilitate the prioritization of projects, programs and enhancements.
- Develop recommendations, solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
Experiences that will support your successExternal Partner Management:
- Provide visibility of data governance projects and activities that impact the manufacturing operations, sales, finance, accounting, and marketing functions.
- Clearly communicate risks, issues and action plans.
- Manage all aspects of the project portfolio within the assigned business area.
- Effectively communicate the results and status of projects during various stages of their life cycle.
- In certain cases, it will be necessary to directly manage and lead projects of medium complexity.
- Ensure that the teams are in place (both internal and external) to deliver data quality objectives solutions.
- Provide consultation during all phases of the development of solutions.
- Work closely with internal IT resources and external service providers to deliver solutions on time and on budget.
- Manage issues and escalate as necessary when projects within the portfolio are at risk in terms of Scope, Timelines and Budgets.
- Ensure that our strategic partners operate as an extension of the Ferrara team and are acting in the best interests of Ferrara.
- Proactively manage and escalate as necessary situations where our external partners are not meeting our needs and delivering on their commitments.
- Seek thought leadership from our external partners.
This job has expired.
- Understand the application architecture and essential elements of how application design and configuration meet the needs of the business.
- Understand when and how patches and upgrades should be applied to systems and the impact that those upgrades have on the business as it applies to new functionality and the potential disruption of services.