Who Are We?
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914. We pride ourselves on providing world class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us. From residential lawns and gardens, to venues such as St. Andrews Links and Target Field, we are a company with a global footprint and a passion for helping people beautify whatever landscape they may be in. With 100 years of operation under our belt and an average employee tenure of 15 years,come find out what makes The Toro Company the best place in the Twin Cities to build a career.
As a key member of the Toro Logistics team, this role is accountable for advancing the function to support our future business needs by leading and/or participating in improvement initiatives and logistics procurement activities. This role must establish and maintain relationships with internal customers and external service providers to support and advance The Toro Company's (TTC) supply chain.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
What Do You Need?
- Manage a team of operations analysts to advance our capabilities as an Integrated Supply Chain
- Develop a strategic sourcing plan for transportation carriers, logistics service providers, and associated tools that would best support TTC's supply chain initiatives
- Execute Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP), compile results, analyze proposals, and recommend selection for various carriers, services and tools
- Implement Lean/Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Full job description will be provided to final candidate at point of offer.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; graduate degree preferred
- Seven (7) plus years of progressive professional transportation/logistics or other supply chain experience
- Demonstrated effective project communications, change management and project management
- Proven background with analyzing large sets of raw data and translating them into actionable information
- Experience with logistics provider oversight & performance management
- Experience with TMS systems
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits -The Toro company offers employees at our Bloomington, MN HQlocation a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
Location - Conveniently located near both St. Paul and Minneapolis, we are centrally located for most commuters!
Food - Take advantage of our onsite café, which serves both breakfast and lunch. With a Caribou Coffee attached, you can grab a snack and a coffee at any time during your day.
Wellness - The Toro Company's HQ offers complimentary use of our onsite fitness facility to employees. In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health and financial health resources to all employees.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Summer Hours - Enjoy a flexible schedule during the summer! By working a little more during the first few days of the week, TTC employees at our Bloomington HQ are able to start their weekends early and leave by noon on Friday.
Flexible Work Arrangements - This team is currently implementing a hybrid work schedule. The opportunity to collaborate in the office and work from home part-time, has promoted team-building and flexibility.
Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Cash compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.