JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world's leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
JOB SUMMARY - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The Senior Principal Software Engineer oversees the software-related activities of all projects and ensures that these activities comply with corporate procedures. Responsibilities include leading architectural design and development of capital equipment, managing internal and external software development, document production, and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the internal and external Software resources for all programs, including task prioritization, budgeting, and spending.
- Ensure corporate infrastructure/business tools are sufficient to support the needs of development teams.
- Support DA in ensuring software SOPs are aligned with regulations and current best-practice.
- Performs technical consultative function and internal company perspective to R&D teams.
- Support project development as needed in a management as well as individual-contributor role.
- Assist in the development of less-experienced staff.
- Estimate project requirements and project schedules
- Establish system-level design concepts for Medical Instrumentation.
- Ensure the production of design control documentation is timely and complies with applicable internal and external standards.
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical problems and establish procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
QUALIFICATIONS-The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- BSSE Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study
- Experience in lieu of degree: No
- 12 years of demonstrated experience in
- Significant experience in programming embedded systems, ideally across a range of platforms including hard real-time systems.
- Experience programming in C, C++ and C# in embedded and standalone environments; ideally with Windows and QNX experience.
- Experience with robust software life-cycle procedures, version control systems, bug tracking, and configuration management.
- 10 years of Medical Device experience, advanced degree, preferably in MSCS (Computer Science), Information Systems or related field, or MSME or MSEE.
- Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming and design, multi-tier software development, and component architectures.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of product development methodologies and practice.
- Independent and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office, C, C++ and C# in embedded and standalone environments; ideally with Windows and QNX
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to standard office environment
- frequently lift up to 15lbs.
- occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- sit or stand for extended periods of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
This job has expired.