Moderna is expanding our footprint to further our mission of delivering the greatest possible impact to people through mRNA medicines! We have a unique opportunity available to participate with us in changing the landscape for cancer care through our mRNA platform.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Managers (TPM) who will bring strong technical expertise, a product mindset that embodies the unique Moderna Mindsets, and passion to change the future of medicine. In this role, you will help drive exciting, cutting-edge outcomes and technologies for our cancer care therapies, called Individualized Neoantigen Therapy (INT). You will orchestrate related technology from the ground up to empower and ensure successful integration and delivery across the INT organization, with the ultimate goal of transforming patients' lives.
Here's What You'll Do
Technical Program Managers at Moderna utilize dynamic range and technical expertise to drive product launches through the entire software development lifecycle, including technical strategy and integration, workstream decomposition, timelines, dependency management, reporting, and delivery risk mitigation.
TPMs build close relationships with software engineers, product managers, other Moderna Digital teams, and key business partners to understand product priorities and ensure that all technical deliverables are met on a consistent basis.
TPMs optimize the delivery schedule focused on project priorities, make tough tactical decisions, and build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap. They ensure a quality release, triaging bugs and issues that arise with efficacy and expediency and maintaining alignment with a sense of urgency and ownership. A collaborative "can-do" attitude is essential to making an impact in this role.
Drive the programs and operational framework to capture and use a variety of data, leveraging functional model for providing automated enhanced visibility, predictions and suggestions for domain-specific, short-term and midterm decision making.
Defining Product Requirements
- Deeply understand customer and business needs and translate to technical requirements and develop the product's trajectory, required resources, and budgets
- Deeply understand data modeling, data integration technologies, data warehousing and visualization technologies.
- Understand the application of AI over time in designing data repositories and leveraging diverse data lakes for AI applications.
- TPMs will identify cross-functional and cross-team dependencies and devise strategies to solve these challenges both at an organizational and technical level.
- TPMs allocate tasks and designate responsibilities as necessary to ensure product delivery success. To that end, TPMs make resource-related decisions by identifying specific skill sets of engineers and fill gaps as needed
Determining Product Timelines and Reporting
- TPMs may be involved with budget allocations for technical delivery. They decide what tools/software to acquire, whom to hire based on the product requirements, and whether certain spending is necessary.
Building Consensus and Finding Cutting-edge Solutions
- Honoring product timelines is key to timely delivery. TPMs carefully plan timelines based on product priority, complexity and various other factors. They also regularly monitor the progress of specific product tasks.
Analyzing and Mitigating Risks
- TPMs work with software development engineers and managers within and across teams to drive consensus on technical requirements to ensure delivery. They also regularly take stock of various project-related tasks and review progress regularly.
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- TPMs regularly assess and identify potential product-related issues throughout the lifecycle of a product and plan effective strategies to mitigate risks to ensure smooth and timely delivery of outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or a related field OR 5 years of equivalent professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 7 years of relevant job experience.
- Biotech and/or FDA regulated experience.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience in data analysis, capacity planning, strategy, and risk management
- Understanding of control tower operations and digital twin technologies. Familiarity with the underlying technologies including IoT, AI, and machine learning.
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistics principles
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including Jira expertise
- Experience in ERP systems with emphasis in the Warehouse, Inventory Management, Contract Manufacturing and Material Planning and Manufacturing execution
- Experience with Data Warehousing and business informatics tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire)
- Prior experience working in a GMP environment and understanding of bioprocessing unit operations
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or Machine Learning
- Prior experience in budgeting and project reporting
- Domain expertise in several of: Security, API integration, data lifecycle management, continuous delivery, web application operations, cloud services - particularly AWS
- Demonstrated success in representing the voice of the customer
- Demonstrated ability to channel many points of view negotiating, cultivating and growing partnerships
- Strong technical abilities; experienced with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications
- Demonstrated experience building internet-facing applications at scale
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast growing, multidisciplinary organization
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
- Experience working in life sciences, pharma/biotech, or high-tech industries with a preference for experience in one or more of eCommerce, data/machine learning platforms, or cloud infrastructure
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Proven ability to navigate a matrix organization structure to influence without direct reporting relationships
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Since our founding in 2010, we have aspired to build the leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to reimagine how medicines are created and delivered, and a world-class team. We believe in giving our people a platform to change medicine and an opportunity to change the world.
By living our mission, values, and mindsets every day, our people are the driving force behind our scientific progress and our culture. Together, we are creating a culture of belonging and building an organization that cares deeply for our patients, our employees, the environment, and our communities.
We are proud to have been recognized as a Science Magazine Top Biopharma Employer, a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators, and a Great Place to Work in the U.S.
If you want to make a difference and join a team that is changing the future of medicine, we invite you to visit modernatx.com/careers to learn more about our current opportunities.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.