Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Heavy Civils group is seeking a Staff Accountant to be based in our Springboro, Ohio location. You must live within a reasonable commute from the office, as no relocation will be provided for this role.
This position will directly support the Assistant Controller in the coordination of the company's general accounting activities to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial information. The position's specific responsibilities are listed below. The specific responsibilities are initial responsibilities that may change over time (according to company's needs or growth in the individual's skill sets).
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
Role Essential Responsibilities:
- Preparation of all accounting entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensure results are accurately reported, analyzed, and completed within company deadlines.
- Execution of various ad hoc financial analysis and tasks as and when required.
- Responsibility for compliance with Financial Management Framework within the individual's sphere of control.
- Focus on cash collection, optimization of DSO, and minimization of unbilled items.
- Liaising with external, internal, and client auditors.
- Interfacing with various department personnel including AR, AP, and payroll.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or equivalent experience.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Knowledge of the application of internal control procedures and frameworks.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Skillset should include problem solving, analysis, autonomy, and initiative.
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Possess ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of focus to detail and accuracy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.