Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2022 revenues of $2.9B, a growth of 18% over 2021. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 8,000 people worldwide.
Meet the team:
Dexcom's R&D Data Platform DBA Team supports all managed DB's within the platform. Our DBA Team is a small dynamic group with excellent collaborative skills who interact across multiple technical disciplines. This team supports a variety of cloud-based services for our Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) product ecosystem. Here you will exercise and expand your skills providing primary support for MySQL NDB database and ancillary support of MySQL, MSSQL and Cassandra.
Team members must have a solid foundation in Agile practices, solid technical understanding of MySQL NDB and MySQL DB engines, be a self-starter, self-directed and be familiar with working in a highly regulated environment.
Where you come in:
As a MySQL database administrator, you will be responsible for the performance, reliability, resiliency, and security of the database. You will work directly with App Engineering, Cloud Engineering, SRE, Product and Feature Owners, PM's and Security.
As the DBA you will ensure:
What makes you successful:
- Data consistency and integrity.
- Execution of data backup and recovery strategy and regularly testing the backups to ensure usability.
- Work with various Application Developers and Architects for future database design and deployment architecture in a Global setting.
- Modification of database structures based on requirements from application developers.
- User profiles and system security meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsibility for Database monitoring and provide monitoring related technical support.
- Orchestrate Database upgrades ensuring the DB is maintained to current release levels and has latest security patches.
- Responsible for ensuring Database capacity remains performant through diligent capacity planning and just in time allocation of db resources such as memory, disk space, cpu and network requirements.
- Work with various stake holders ensuring data standards are met and adhere to data protection policies.
- Responsible for the documentation of data standards, design, procedures, and definitions are maintained in Confluence
- Monitoring and optimizing database performance using either manual or automated tools.
- Migrating database instances to new instances or new versions of software in cloud-based databases.
- Compliance with database vendor license agreement and work with vendors on the maintenance of those agreements.
What you'll get: (this section should not be modified)
- Expert proficiency in MySQL NDB Cluster and MySQL database engines.
- Experience with recent version of MySQL NDB Cluster and MySQL DB's.
- Expert understanding SQL and DB performance and tuning practices.
- Expert understanding of hardware requirements CPU, memory, disk and network utilization.
- Strong Scripting experience such as bash, perl, shell and python.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL statements.
- Experience in Monitoring tools for MySQL and SQL DB's.
- Cloud platform experience, GCP preferred.
- Proficient Kubernetes and Cloud VM experience.
- BS in Information Science or Computer Science or other Data Management/Science discipline and 5 - 7 years' experience working on MySQL and/or SQL DB clusters.
- Or, MySQL and/or SQL equivalent certification and 6 - 9 years' experience working on Cassandra DB cluster.
Travel Required: Experience and Education
- A front row seat to life changing CGM technology. Learn about our brave #dexcomwarriors community.
- A full and comprehensive benefits program.
- Growth opportunities on a global scale.
- Access to career development through in-house learning programs and/or qualified tuition reimbursement.
- An exciting and innovative, industry-leading organization committed to our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
Exempt Salary Details
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Masters degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.
- The annual base salary range for this role is $116,600 to $194,400. Final compensation package will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, business needs and market demand.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.