WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world's largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data - spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices - so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium's turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium's customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers' and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Staff/Principal Java Software Engineer position will be responsible for designing and implementing software solutions aimed at solving real-time, customer data delivery challenges, and responsible for advancing the technologies we work with.
As part of the Server-Side team, you will be working on the Tealium AudienceStream CDP product which comes with patented visitor stitching technology that constructs highly accurate, comprehensive and actionable customer profiles. Our customers use the data within these profiles to define high or low value customers, key engagement insights, or milestones that can then be used to create audiences. These audiences can be leveraged in any integrated system to help deliver a consistent and relevant customer experience, or send this data to systems of insight to further analyze customer behavior.
We are open to remote candidates in the US.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT
- Work closely with other software engineers, architects, operations engineers and product managers
- Participating in Agile/SCRUM process
- Create designs to support short, iterative delivery cycles
- Contribute to architectural design decisions
- Participate in operational related discussions
- Collaborate with test planning
- Conduct and participate in group code reviews to ensure high-quality coding standards across the team
- Design maintainable, testable code with high test coverage requirements
- Add integration and acceptance test coverage to new features
- Evaluate and investigate alternatives to existing solutions, proposing new designs and technologies
- BS, MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 10+ years Java development experience, architecture and design of real-time distributed systems at scale
- Hands on experience with metrics, monitoring and familiarity with infrastructure as code
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering principles, patterns and best-practices
- Understanding of micro-services architectures
- Experience designing and supporting high traffic, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to effectively explain technical concepts to team members, architects and team leads
- Extensive experience deploying software to a cloud platform environment; AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Understanding of modern Dev-Ops concepts. Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Terraform
- Experience with NoSQL, as well as relational data stores; DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Mysql, RedshiftDB, Redis, Cassandra, Snowflake, etc.
- Solid knowledge of distributed messaging and streaming technologies, RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Kafka
- Some exposure to Hadoop, Hive, Spark, PrestoDB
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
This is a Remote position, based in the United States.
At Tealium, we don't just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
- Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work)
, our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
- Tealium Cares
, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
- Tealium Connects (remote-first working)
, enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
- Tealium Ownership
, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
- Tealium Time
, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
- Healium Be-Well Break
, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
- Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium)
, offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
- Health and Related Benefits Programs
, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium's solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.
*Offerings vary by level and location.
This job has expired.