LexisNexis Health Care's solutions leverage identity, claims and provider data to deliver meaningful insights that improve outcomes and efficiency. Our healthcare solutions can help reduce risk, enable compliance, increase patient engagement, and improve outcomes.
Strategic Account Executive
This position is responsible for business development and management of health care partner relationships for profitable, revenue growth of Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions (LN). This position manages and works existing healthcare partner data companies, but a large effort will be devoted to business development efforts to attract, recruit and close new logo tech enablement companies in the Western United States. This position works with a cross-functional team to drive sales opportunities for LN products and services. He/she coordinates cross functional LN resources to educate decision makers and influencers, strengthen the customer relationship, and grow revenue for LN. He/she is responsible for product and solution sales and accountable for overall client satisfaction.
- Meet or Exceed Revenue objectives within designated territory.
- New Business Development: Understand the strategic market direction and needs of the healthcare and life science markets, and penetrate new customers by selling at the manager to senior officer level within large, mid- tier and small life science organizations. Own the opportunity development process, and in doing so, interact cross-functionally within LN to identify and develop all potential revenue opportunities within the account.
- Once the sales opportunity is successfully closed, initiate a hand off plan to the implementation team to ensure a smooth transition to the applicable business unit(s). Maintain the relationship to help drive adoption and utilization of LN services as well as to understand emerging needs and sales opportunities within the client.
- Deal Negotiation: Oversee the collection of customer requirements, development of a business case and revenue model by working with functional teams within LN. Lead negotiations with the prospective customer through the sales cycle to deal closure.
- Account Management: Own the ongoing relationship with the customer and account performance. Work with cross-functional team members to ensure ongoing account health and customer satisfaction, as well as identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities for LN products and services.
- Assisting on Key Business Unit Initiatives: Assist with related health care sales efforts as needed. Work closely with sales support team to establish specific action plans to penetrate customer opportunities that have stalled and/or require greater interaction at a more senior level within the account to move the opportunity forward.
- New Market Opportunity Development: Based on relationships with key stakeholders and market knowledge, identify new ways in which business opportunities can be developed using LN products and services. Utilize developed networks to provide forums for information exchange to uncover new business opportunities.
- Client Development: Identify and uncover new opportunities for marketing successes from clients that use LN products and services. Identify new features, services, and application of existing capabilities to help meet customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree, advanced degrees, and applicable certifications a plus
- 9 or more years of outside sales experience
- Previous experience working with healthcare, life sciences/pharmaceutical organizations and extensive health care domain knowledge and challenges facing customers is a plus.
- Knowledge of next gen offerings including Big Data, analytics, and insights as well as RWE data beneficial and a strong plus.
- A proven and sustained track record of accomplishments in strategic selling directly to healthcare organizations; energetic, well rounded sales executive to drive the business forward
- Excellent verbal and written communications, as well as presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate strong persuasion skills and ability to successfully manage relationships at both operational and executive levels.
- Business acumen and strategic thinking required to develop effective sales strategies.
- Strong organizational and forecasting skills.
- Ability to quickly develop an in depth understanding of LN products and services and how they apply to the life science customer needs.
- Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, general life sciences industry knowledge, and technical (PC and applications) knowledge.
- Manage multiple concurrent activities, all with fluctuating deadlines and with dependencies of work by other departments, both internal and external.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across multiple departments (technology, marketing, sales, etc)
- Travel required 50%
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.