Strategic Investment Advisor
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE ON/ABOUT (FROM-TO)
Date of Approval
End of Project
Place of Performance:
The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is designed to bolster the U.S. Government's ability to boost trade and investment to, from, and within the African continent. The continent-wide program is USAID's flagship effort in support of the Prosper Africa initiative and will expand and accelerate two-way trade and investment between African nations and the United States.
Driven by market demand, ATI embraces innovative approaches to achieve its goals. ATI is designed as a small, core set of centrally coordinated technical and institutional support activities, and a large, flexible performance-based subcontracting and grants under contract facility designed to support the needs and opportunities that USAID Missions and the private sector identify.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES
The Strategic Investment Advisor will support the Senior Technical Director - U.S. and the ATI Project team to support partnerships with U.S. institutional investors to support the Prosper Africa initiative. Work will be focused to ensure that ATI is effectively implementing high-quality technical work and providing strategic guidance to the Prosper Africa Secretariat on how to effectively deploy partnerships approaches and technical programming that result in strategic, large-scale transactions in support of investment in Africa. Additionally, the Strategic Investment Advisor will play a role in developing knowledge products and supporting learning capture across the program.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as technical manager for ATI Prosper Activities related to institutional investment and private equity to facilitate investment on large-scale transactions.
- Provide input into technical scopes of work for sub-contractors, and consultants and for implementation as needed.
- Participate in technical designs and reviews for ATI procurements as needed;
- Provide quick turn-around quality assurance by editing, reviewing, and compliance checking of reports and other deliverables submitted by subcontractors and consultants as needed;
- Support the Activity team with subcontractors/consultants with the implementation of buy-ins. Travel may be required, upon the direction of the D/COP and Senior Technical Director - U.S.;
- As applicable, identify additional niche technical advisory support required, develop SOWs, and leverage the DAI network to source qualified candidates;
- Provide support for advancing buy-in consultations including drafting proposals, concept notes, work plans and other documentation for getting buy-in approvals and launching activities.
Communications and Outreach
- Identify and foster relationships with key stakeholders including "Private Sector Engagement Champions", and potential donor and implementing partners that share the approach of mobilizing private capital to support development objectives through conducting or facilitating meetings, interviews, and discussions.
- Work with ATI MEL team, and other sources as necessary, to provide information for case studies and summaries that highlight innovative models or transactions for outreach materials and dissemination to Prosper Africa stakeholders, USAID Missions and bureaus, other USG agencies, Congressional stakeholders, and potential donors and investors;
- Support ATI with drafting strategic plans and concept note strategies;
- Plan and conduct strategy/co-creation sessions with Institutional Investors, financial intermediaries and other market actors and advisors working to mobilize institutional investment and private equity at scale to serve as a strategic platform to consolidate input and guidance.
- Participate in planning and visioning meetings with the ATI core team as needed.
- Provide input on the development of training content on institutional investment and participate in its delivery where needed including webinars, mentorship, and face to face workshops.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Support data collection and quality assurance for MEL and ensure that indicators for each activity are rolled into the project-level indicators, in accordance with the ATI MEL plan.
- Provide summary learning for periodic and requested reporting.
The Strategic Investment Advisor will report to the ATI Senior Technical Director - US. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience; or a master's degree and 10 years of relevant professional work experience
- Demonstrated experience and network in the financial sector, including experience with institutional investors and pension funds, to facilitate strategic, large-scale transactions in support of investment in Africa.
- Proven project management, communications, writing, and interpersonal skills with excellent judgment, sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, fluid team setting with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as a part of a complex team
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Compensation & Benefits
- Direct investment transaction experience in Africa or other emerging markets
- French language skills
- Experience working with USAID
For employees working in the United States, the full-time equivalent annual base salary for this position is expected to be between $136,000 and $188,000.
Salary for part-time employees will be prorated based on actual hours worked. Actual offers will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, relevant education, experience, skills, seniority, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Eligible U.S.-based employees will be able to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, plus a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match. Additionally, employees will be eligible for company-paid annual leave (vacation & holidays), sick leave, and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability coverage. Detailed information will be provided at the time a formal offer is extended.
For employees working outside of the United States, compensation and benefits will vary based on location. Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting discrimination in all forms, nurturing respect for our interpersonal relationships, and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks. DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.