About WEG Electric Corp.
WEG is the largest industrial electric motor manufacturer in the Americas and one of the largest manufacturers of electric motors in the world producing more than 21 million units annually. Founded in 1961, WEG operates mainly in the sector of capital goods, having five main businesses: Motors, Energy, Automation, Coatings Transmission & Distribution, providing global solutions for electric motors, variable frequency drives, soft starters, controls, panels, transformers, and generators. The US corporate office is located in Duluth, GA with manufacturing units in Minnesota, Indiana and Missouri with over 30 thousand employees worldwide. Visit our website to learn more: www.weg.net
About the role:
WEG Electric Corp. has an a great opportunity for a Structural Analyst II to join our team in Barre, VT. This role will be responsible for structural development, verification, and sustainment of Utility Wind Turbine components to meet the needs of WEG's wind turbine platform growth.
- Design structural machine parts using Solidworks.
- Prepare FE models, perform extreme and fatigue structural analysis while adhering to international design standards.
- Prepare product development documentation using PLM software.
- Develop component specifications through collaboration with vendors.
- Specify equipment, materials and components with oversight from senior engineers.
- Perform thermal analysis involving multiple forms of heat transfer.
- Provide commissioning and testing assistance.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge / training:
- BS Mechanical Engineering required. MS Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of 3D solid modelling software (Solidworks preferred)
- Expert Knowledge of FEA software and methods including fatigue analysis of rotating structures (ANSYS preferred)
- Understanding of rotating electric machines, mechanical systems, and wind turbine technology
- Familiarity with mechanical design and safety standards related to large machinery
- Familiarity with weldments and casting non-destructive testing methods
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications, including Access, Word and Excel
- Wind Turbine mechanical systems design.
- Mechanical design, integration, testing, of large structural parts.
- Working in a Manufacturing environment assessing non-conformities both from the factory and the field.
- Large (multiple ton) structural part design, drafting, and testing.
- Working within a Quality Management System.
- 4+ years of related experience preferred.
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and full benefits package. To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume and complete our application in order to be considered for this position.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
This job has expired.