The Supervisor Customer Accounting job exists to lead the day-to-day activities of a team of Collectors within the Customer Accounting department. This includes motivating the team, ensuring training of new hires, providing cross-training and backup support, and completing performance reviews of team members.
Delivers department objectives as identified by Manager. Oversees the activities of a team of Collectors that is responsible for collecting payments on unpaid customer invoices.
Motivates staff according to individual needs. Develops measurable objectives for staff and provides them with periodic feedback. Monitors employee performance and provides coaching and mentoring. Acts as an escalation point for team members. Escalates appropriate issues to Director of Customer Accounting, Sales and Business Management. Leads resolution of strategic customer accounts that fall into delinquency. Implements actions that reduce past due accounts receivable and days sales outstanding (DSO). Resolves and/or assists team members in resolving disputed invoices. Develops strong relationships with Sales, Fulfillment and Legal. Drives continuous improvement through measurement and process documentation. Prepares, reviews and presents reports to management on the status of the Accounts Receivable including Delinquency percentages, Accounts Receivable aging, Bad Debt Write-off & Recoveries on a monthly basis.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in business/accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related technical and professional experience, preferably within Collections.
- Requires strong personal computer skills including, but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook; prefer experience with PeopleSoft.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including superior telephone skills with an emphasis on professionalism and customer service.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with little direction.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. Requires the ability to manage complex, constant changing business rules, and coach them to the staff. Requires strong leadership skills and experience managing people.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions
, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of RELX Group plc
, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit www.lexisnexisrisk.com. LexisNexis Risk Solutions
is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.