The Supervisor, Data Management and Reporting provides first level leader support in chain of command with team members. This role provides real time coaching, motivation, mentoring, development, recognition, and appraisal for assigned team member group and is responsible for planning, prioritizing, and assigning work, team member face to face meetings to communicate performance objectives to staff and assisting team members in resolving problems. This position administers and adheres to corporate and departmental policies, practices, and procedures, plans weekly priorities and deadlines, monitors processes, and ensures that operational standards and customer specific performance guarantees are met.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments.
- Operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower.
- Research, compiles, and analyzes appropriate and relevant data and makes recommendations for operational improvements.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive knowledge of BCBSM business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles and methodologies.
- Manages and monitors multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Develops lines of communication to discuss and review results of analysis to management via reports and presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
- Identifies and resolves challenges to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demand of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
- Independently develops and plans reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Acts as liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
- Participates in development of annual departmental budget, monitors budget, and identifies budget discrepancies. Research cause and makes recommendations.
- Responsible for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field. Master's degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Five years experience of progressive responsibility in a data management environment with demonstrated technical knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required. One year supervisory or lead experience in business/technology field required. Bilingual skills preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of different DBMS, including Oracle, Sql Server, and DB2.
- Working knowledge of Data Warehouse, Data Storage, and Data Marts.
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage business.
- Excellent knowledge of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of data languages such as SAS or SQL.
- Working knowledge of transactions such as 837 or 835.
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectively with
- employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills.
- Technical lead/ entry level leadership skills.
- Proficient with PC applications and systems (e.g., Email, Chat, IM, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Knowledge of data management and reporting operating environment.
- Knowledge of ika systems data and data submission vendors processes.
- Strong decision making, organizational, time management, change management, facilitation, workload balancing/prioritization, work to skill set matching, talent assessment, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and inspire trust with team members, while holding them accountable.
- Excellent motivational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills with the ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Mathematical abilities to perform simple calculations including application of discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Demonstrated abilities in building relationships.
- Subject Matter Expert on Medicare Advantage Claims Data.
- Ability to lead, supervise, coach, and develop a minimum of 2-3 (FTE or contractor) resources.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions, and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge, and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.