Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Pilot Operations serves as a critical function between R&D/Engineering and Commercial Manufacturing departments to support new product development, new product introduction (NPI), process improvement, and automation, etc. This position will supervise the test-lab in Pilot Operations to meet department goals in supporting new product development, new product introduction (NPI), process improvement, and automation, etc. This position will set goals, establish plans and priorities, manage capacity and resources, monitor performance, provide input/feedback, ensure safe working environment, and drive continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise subordinate personnel including hiring, determining workload, delegating assignments, training, and monitoring. Evaluates performance, coaches, and initiates corrective or disciplinary actions. Establishes and sustains long-term skill requirements for the team.
- Responsible for overseeing lab technicians, leads, and research associates.
- Provides personal development opportunities for team.
- Plan, directs, and coordinates all aspects of activities within the assigned laboratory.
- Plans and schedules test requests.
- Acts as liaison between R&D, manufacturing, and engineering to get test requests processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Understand and can map test lead times, test time, execution time, capacity, technician skillset, and resource availability.
- Communicate test status and quantity to engineering and management.
- Provide budget input to assist area management for setting appropriate department budget.
- Exhibit a wide range of expertise in the lab techniques, from mechanical to analytical chemistry techniques.
- Drives team towards meeting daily, monthly, and yearly departmental metrics, goals, and objectives.
- Perform a wide variety of laboratory tasks; Make detailed observations while performing tasks.
- Oversee that laboratory equipment, glassware, and inventory levels of laboratory supplies are maintained.
- Maintain recordkeeping and documentation for testing and processes performed.
- Leads/ Provides input to non-conforming material and non-conforming events and investigations.
- Collects and provides technical and process feedback on test method development and data analysis to R&D and Engineering teams.
- Provides technical expertise and collaborates for the design and development of new test methods between R&D, MFG, and operations.
- Advises cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate test method development.
- Responsible for implementation and release of new R&D tests which includes new materials, machines, processes, and fixtures.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of development work.
- Technical expert for technology transfer to other sites of Dexcom. May advise on lab flow, layout, and equipment/material requirements.
- Coordinates activities with outside suppliers/consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines.
- Collaborates with equipment department to ensure on-time calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for executing to the agreed upon plan for supporting NPI and Engineering initiatives within the area of responsibility.
- Reviews and evaluates capacity models and anticipates when new equipment or additional headcount will be required.
- Regularly monitors the quality compliance, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of pilot production processes.
- Ensures a safe working environment for the team and drives proactive safety improvements.
- Works cohesively with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement projects, solve problems and meet departmental goals. Identifies and eliminates various wastes.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of industry experience.
- Informal management/ team lead experience. Higher education can offset years of experience.
- Comfortable working hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Intermediate skills or knowledge related to product, process, equipment, and fixture documentation, development, and improvement.
- Ability to handle ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new routes.
- Extreme attention to detail and keen observation.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Directs and coordinates the laboratory support staff and maintains an adequate inventory of research lab glassware, materials and laboratory equipment. Coordinates daily consumable supply stocking and ordering. Ensures effective operation of all laboratory equipment and serves as point of contact for instrument repairs. May organize and participate in vendor negotiations, product and software evaluations, tutorials and facility modifications. Interfaces with employee health and safety and acts as a liaison between departments and the scientific staff to complete lab modifications and ensure safety compliance. Provides technical input to purchasing and other functional areas. Responsible for development of tracking procedures, establishment and maintenance of service contracts and warranties with vendors. May troubleshoot and repair general instrumentation. Trains new scientific staff in the general use and function of designated instrumentation and creates and refines user protocols for general use. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of technical and functional principles and ability to teach others.
- Understands company mission and strategies.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
- Provides direction to others according to established policies and management guidance.
- Administers company policies that directly affect team members / supporting employees.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Networks with senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules / work products.
Field SalesExperience and Education
- Provides direct supervision to individual contributors and/or support individual contributors/matrix reports.
- Acts as advisor to unit or sub/units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and compensation decisions.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 5-8 years of industry experience.
- Informal management/ team lead experience.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.