EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. About the OrganizationASR Analytics (ASR) is a leading data science firm that provides high-end analytic consulting services to clients in the public and private sectors. ASR has deep expertise in the fields of business intelligence, predictive modeling, and data mining - and in the design and development of customized technology tools that support forecasting, simulation analysis, optimization modeling, and data visualization.
ASR was named to Washington Technology Magazine's 'Fast 50' list of rapidly growing companies serving the U.S. Government. To support our rapid growth, we are looking for talented professionals to join our team and help us deliver innovative and impactful solutions to our clients!
The Tableau Developer is responsible for managing the life cycle of Tableau analytics dashboards, including business requirements gathering, functional specification write-up, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out and post-launch enhancements implementation. As a Tableau Developer you should have the ability to design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards and possess the knowledge and experience on data visualizations best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
• Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
• Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
• Reviewing and improving existing BI solutions and collaborating with teams to integrate new BI solutions.
• Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
• Act as Tableau developer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as work closely with internal teams to ensure data sources are accurate, available and analyzable.
• Hands on experience with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management).
• Create and edit queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
• Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
• Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server. Collaborate with internal teams, clean, and standardized data to meet the business requirements.
• Work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau
• 3-5 years of experience using Tableau Desktop, Creator, and Server
• Excellent oral, written skills and listening skills
• A solid understanding of SQL, rational databases, and normalization
• Extensive experience in developing, maintaining, and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture
• Experience working with large and complex data set able to write simple queries to create calculated fields
• Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization
• Experience working on a support team environment by documenting, researching, solving problems via phone calls or email ticketing system
• Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and provide the design specifications
• Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed
• Must have excellent verbal communications skills and documentation skills to maintain workflows and dashboard functionality
Federal Clearance Required Exempt/Non-ExemptExempt Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time LocationPhoenix, AZ
This position is currently accepting applications.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Posted 32 minutes ago
Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted 32 minutes ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted 32 minutes ago