At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The TAC Operations Manager is responsible for the daily maintenance and attention to the implementation and operational success of a team of networking practitioners within Optiv Managed Security Services. This includes managing the people, processes, and technologies required to deliver an efficient customer support and management services program, which includes the vendors and technologies that are a part of those services.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
How you'll make an impact:
- Prior management experience or interest in managing direct reports.
- Flexibility and accommodation with consensus management.
- An operational mindset with the aptitude and attitude to handle an irregularly demanding service.
- A strong business acumen and ability to support many different clients and their needs.
- Prior experience working within ITIL frameworks.
- Mid-level experience (3+ years) as a Network Administrator/Engineer.
- Proficiency and heavy experience with the following: firewalls, load balancer, proxies, and remote access servers.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Background in IS or IT technology support. Ideally someone who came up through the ranks having been a technologist then moved into management.
- Availability to respond to issues and engineer needs 24/7.
Qualifications for success:
- Manage approximately 12 engineers
- Establish a goal-driven culture for direct reports and overall team
- Ensure services(s) meet contractual SLAs
- Assume accountability for overall customer satisfaction
- Partner with other managers both within the service and in other managed services to build and maintain synergy across functions
- Relay management and client expectations to team members
- Work through staff to deliver a high quality and predictable service while applying an appropriate leadership style (directing, coaching, supporting, delegating) for the situation
- Instill a sense of ownership and accountability in team members' responsibilities
- Coach and mentor team members down a career path that aligns with their strengths and interests
- Track, measure, and report resource allocation to contribute to effective resource management
- Tailor communication frequency, context, and format for the intended target audience
- Ensure operational processes and procedures are well documented, clearly understood by stakeholders, and under change control
- Track, measure, and report process and procedure metrics
- Design, implement and oversee the execution of quality controls that ensure rigid adherence to processes and procedures
- Actively participate in a work intake process that provides for effective capacity/demand management
- Build and maintain managerial level knowledge of technologies required for service delivery
- Experience with managing a team of 12 - 15 individuals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of certifications and/or commensurate experience
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to incorporate cost/benefit analysis into decisions and communications
- Ability to partner with others to reach consensus
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work over forty hours as needed and ability to respond to and manage service incidents during non-business hours
- Ability to travel at least 10%
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.