SUMMARY:Support equipment engineering risk assessments and execute improvement plans for new and existing systems. Participate in cross-functional investigations on problems/deviations including defining corrective and preventative actions.Support Maintenance in advanced troubleshooting of equipment issues.Support the technical engineering team regarding designs and recommendations for equipment upgrades and retrofits to remediate known challenges or improve equipment performance.Support the identification, analysis, and prioritization of technical or business related process improvement opportunities or problems.Participate in assigned initiatives and capital projects in accordance with the site project plan.Support development of engineering standards in conjunction with internal/external stakeholders.Support development of training material and standards on engineering requirements and support necessary coaching and training to personnel along with the upskilling of existing personnel.Participate in FATâ€™s, SATâ€™s and design reviews.Good written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external personnel providing timely information to avoid production delays. This includes timely, accurate, and neat completion of documentation, such as work orders and reports that meet GMP requirements.Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The Technical Development Engineer will have primary responsibility for providing support for technical ownership for the design, selection, and support of equipment, technologies, facilities, and systems used to manufacture and package aseptic products.
This role includes collaboration with manufacturing, finance, engineering, IT and quality functional resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times, it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENTMental Requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college required.
- Excellent communications skills in oral, written, and presentation situations providing clear, informative, and persuasive communication in positive and negative scenarios.
- Good analytical and computer skills required.
Company Overview Who we are?
- Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies
- Ability to follow safety and security practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website atwww.Akorn.comWhy choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.