Are you a leader? Energetic? Ever worked as part of a program that is Agile? Are you interested in being an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence?
Steampunk is seeking a Technical Project Manager who is creative and is a hands-on expert with delivering innovative technology solutions.
Responsibilities will include team leadership for the complete life cycle of solution development and delivery. Hands-on proposal support, overseeing road-mapping of future functionality and releases, backlog grooming, and production deployment. This individual will ensure the team is following, and effective at, Agile scrum processes, documenting thorough end-to-end solution design, integration with other technologies and solutions, and driving high client satisfaction.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be leading the project tasking and delivery in a government client consulting environment. You will be a client liaison, team coach and mentor, and will be an accountable project manager leading deployments of solutions in a client environment.
You will also:
- Manage and maintain successful/results-oriented relationships with the client, as well as identify and pursue new opportunities with existing client.
- Develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, manage remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical discussions to troubleshoot project implementation issues.
- Assess the current organization and delivery environment and recommend optimal Agile practices tailored to the client.
- Remove blockers to ensure project success.
- Coach the Product Owner and team on backlog refinement and prioritization.
- Handle challenging client situations and offer technical and business guidance and direction to client executives.
- Manage the P/L for the program.
- Lead and manage staff, monitor staff performance.
- Evaluate project feasibility, eliminate non-productive tasking, and find creative ways to ensure project delivery and if feasible accelerate delivery.
- Assist staff with training needs to create skills expansion and career advancement opportunities.
- The ideal candidate will have exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills and possess 10+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives.
- Strong judgment, negotiation skills, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience working in a complex engineering environment with prior experience as a technical project manager.
- Ability to establish trust with a variety of stakeholders and customers.
- Self-managed and self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Thrives to be a leader.
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology or related field.
- PMP, Scrum Master certification is preferred.
- US Citizen
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.