Technical Support Representative
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Technical Support Representative in New York, NY .
Title: Technical Support Representative
Location: New York, NY 10019
Duration: 12 months
* Provide Level 1 technical support to customer end users.
* Support customer end users with user training for self-scheduling conferences.
* Assist customers in scheduling and launching video conference calls.
* Open incident tickets for incidents and maintain the customer incident management and CMDB systems.
* Provide onsite support for video onsite Move, Add, Change, Delete (MACD) requests. This includes installing and removing video equipment as requested.
* Report and provide updates on problems with standard Poly video conferencing products to the Poly Cloud and Managed Services team.
* Provide technical support in the resolution of non-Poly related issues including, but not limited to, 3rd party appliances and peripherals.
* Update and maintain customer video environment-documentation and process documentation.
* Perform any required testing and recovery from any Network breach related to virus attacks or any other fraudulent activities that affect managed video services on Poly equipment.
* Validate end-to-end service functionality upon completion of installation activities.
* De-install and dispose of displaced hardware/assets as required, following customer asset disposal policies.
* Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* 2 years of Video Conferencing background supporting Audio-Visual and/or IT systems, including experience with Poly products and/or 3rd party video conferencing devices.
* 1 year of working knowledge of H.320, H.323 and SIP protocols.
* Knowledge of Zoom or Teams conferencing a plus.
* Experience with installing and troubleshooting Poly video conferencing devices or other video conferencing devices such as Cisco, Logitech or DTEN.
* Experience with Trouble Ticket and Incident Management software systems preferred.
* Experience with troubleshooting and incident diagnosis of computer and/or networking systems preferred.
* Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
* 2 years of working experience with customer services in direct hands-on customer facing role (not telephone support) with exceptional professionalism and customer service skills.
* Understanding of data network fundamentals: TCP/IP, cabling, and LAN troubleshooting a plus.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 195464 when responding to this ad.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 28 minutes ago
Posted 26 minutes ago
Posted 26 minutes ago