PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is a premier life science technology company that is designing, developing and manufacturing advanced sequencing solutions to help scientists and clinical research resolve genetically complex problems. Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Genomics is core to all biological processes, and our advanced genomics tools provide scientists and clinical researchers the insights to better understand biology and health. We are now entering the century of biology and genomics is at the heart of the next revolution. Become part of the new paradigm in gene sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
- Directly responsible for revenue from sales of PacBio instruments and consumables in the defined territory.
- Exceed annual and quarterly sales objectives while building a sufficient pipeline of future opportunities to ensure ongoing territory growth.
- Qualify and develop new opportunities within the territory while utilizing account management and relationship building skills to cultivate the existing customer base.
- Develop territory specific sales plans, coordinate field teams, and execute strategies to achieve commercial objectives.
- Establish and build relationships with key decision makers and economic buyers.
- Work cooperatively with various departments within the organization to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and advancements are effectively communicated to the customer base.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and communication with field and internal personnel.
- Significant capital equipment sales and territory management experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years or equivalent direct sales experience selling into the life sciences and/or clinical research markets required. Experience with genomics products preferred.
- Understanding of complex sales and purchasing processes.
- Ability to influence customer buying decisions and navigate high value orders through complex organizations.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of consistent sales achievement and territory growth.
- Scientific or technical degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as they relate to customer requirements in target market segments.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- Proficiency working at the highest levels within customer organizations is critical (President/CEO, CTO/CSO and CFO and other key influencers).
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to handle objections and communicate both technical and business arguments.
- Highly networked with experience managing accounts in the defined geography strongly preferred.
- Role will require a home office and 50% travel at a minimum.
- Home office must be within proximity to a major airport.
You may be required from time to time to visit and work at PacBio locations and for such times as the Company considers necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
$95,200.00 - $128,800.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
This job has expired.
- Equal Opportunity Employment